BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it, but the possibility exists that the K12 will have to stay outside and weather the storm. It sits on a level concrete pad so, side stand or center stand would be more stable? Better or worse to strap the cover on it (thinking sail area here). Also planning to pound in some rebar stakes and tie it down. Any other suggestions? Something I missed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can't park it in the living room I gather.

How about you locate the west side of a brick building and park it there. Get it out of the hurricane winds from the east. Does your company have a parking garage? Rent a storage unit. Costs $100 a month and some are $40 for a small size.

I don't think laying it on it's side or upright on the center stand can handle 130mph winds with sticks/rocks/sand slaying around do it much good. Hope you have insurance on it for a new one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. Never noticed the massive parking garage at a nearby hospital, option 1. City was gracious enough to open downtown parking garages for evacuees, free of charge, option2. Went with option 3, found someone with room in their storage rental unit; weather resistant and locked up out of sight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Problem solved. Never noticed the massive parking garage at a nearby hospital, option 1. City was gracious enough to open downtown parking garages for evacuees, free of charge, option2. Went with option 3, found someone with room in their storage rental unit; weather resistant and locked up out of sight.
Glad that your bike made it through.:clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts