BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll start this one. Who has the 376C. Tell me all about it. Very interested. How is the weather radar? Is it easy to use and see? How did you mount it to your GT/RS? If that's what you have. WHat do you use to hear it or do you just use visual.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
jack69boots said:
Ok, I'll start this one. Who has the 376C. Tell me all about it. Very interested. How is the weather radar? Is it easy to use and see? How did you mount it to your GT/RS? If that's what you have. WHat do you use to hear it or do you just use visual.

Thanks!
Recently received my Garmin 376C with Satellite Weather and XM Radio. NEXRAD/Weather via satellite is just made for the Adv. rider! Not that weather will deter any of you, but flash floods, tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms are hazards that should be avoided. The Satellite weather is awesome and the XM radio nice.

At about 800 bucks for the 376C, 200 bucks for the Auto Kit (City Select Database), and a couple of 256 Mb datacards, you are in business. Oh, XM Weather (Fisherman package) is 29.99 per month and XM Satellite Radio as part of pkg is 6.99 per month.

But, this farkle is not only cool, but can indeed save a life!
It works like a charm, RAM mounts for 276C easy to install, etc.

Any questions, let me know.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More 376C questions

AT this point I'm looking to pick up in December with the year end bonus. I'm going to go for the weather radar as long as the $29.99 is in the budget. At least I'll have it if I want it. If I need to cancel it for a while at least I can still do it. I figuring on a touretech mount.

I have Mapsource from my GPS V. I could use that to download the maps I need correct>???

I also use a SOLO 2 radar detector with a mono earphone jack. If I wanted to hear the XM music what is the best way to set it up. EVen without the radar how are you setting it up to listen to it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
well,
if you ONLY want to hear the XM Radio... then there is a 3.5mm jack on the back of the 376C that you can plug you headset directly into

there are several products that you mount on your bike which will allow you to hear many different things at one time
like:
gps
xm (these 2 will be together anyway if you buy the 376C)
radar
intercom
cell phone as well

i can suggest one of those if you like
here's a very nice one for the money:

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=MIXIT

greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts