BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

GPS Mounts - K1200RS

12K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  kperson 
2610/2620 mounting on 98 K1200RS

I still don't know how to post pics to the Forum but I have mounted mine and did a lot of research and I'm happy with my system. I used the Ram 9mm Ball & hole arrangement with an extra long bolt and bolted it to the inside of my left handlebar. This mounting requires about 5 or 6 small washers in addition to the Cycle Gadget 11mm hole spacer. Cycle Gadget is not in favor of this mounting arrangement but because I used the properly increase length of bolt, ie enough threads to over come the spacer and washers, I believe it to be perfectly safe (so does the local BMW dealer). I also bought the shortest RAM mount, Garmin holder, RAM Garmin mount. That takes care of the mounting. I also bought the Garmin power and voice chord. Instead of running earplugs to my helmet, which by the way I have some Shure E2C for sale-never used- just tried on, I bought the Poly Planar--marine waterproof speaker and Velcroed it to my triple tree and everything is compact, neat and works. I don't have to fool with any chords just get on the bike and ride. I also have a marine lighted switch mounted in my 2nd aux plug location to turn the power off to the GPS when I don't have it connected. Remember the 2610/2610 power plug has exposed contacts that could short out.
I know this is a convoluted explanation but I've been working on different solutions to my mounting for 3 months and just completed it.
Ps I have all the part numbers if you want them.
CaptRehkopf@msn.com
901-382-7400

I have posted about my mounting. But the other poster is correct the 2610 has NO moving parts. Can you trade your 2620 in? It would be best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.