BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just picked up a GPSMap 478 with the XM radio option. I gotta tell you - this is one amazing unit! I had a 2720 before this which was nice but I started having issues with the touch screen.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are individual volume controls for voice directions and XM audio? I know on the 2730 there is a Volume page that you can adjust everything individually. I can't find it on this unit. I'm sure this should apply to 376/378/478 all the same.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

·
Enthusiast
601 Posts
mattmor said:
Hello,

I just picked up a GPSMap 478 with the XM radio option. I gotta tell you - this is one amazing unit! I had a 2720 before this which was nice but I started having issues with the touch screen.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are individual volume controls for voice directions and XM audio? I know on the 2730 there is a Volume page that you can adjust everything individually. I can't find it on this unit. I'm sure this should apply to 376/378/478 all the same.

Thanks for your help.

Matt
On the 376 using the "Sound" tab on the main menu you can adjust the output volume of the unit - for all items at once, not individually.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
randy said:
On the 376 using the "Sound" tab on the main menu you can adjust the output volume of the unit - for all items at once, not individually.
That's what I was afraid of.

Matt

·
Registered
68 Posts
mattmor said:
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Matt
matt,
i think i just found out you called me
and i'm sorry that i didn't call you back

they are all adjusted at the same time
no sound TAB
just quickly press and release the POWER key...
up and down change the BRIGHTNESS of the display
left and right adjust the VOLUME

no need to find any "TAB"

was i right about the display?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ClearwaterBMW said:
was i right about the display?
Greg,

The display is amazing! I really like this unit. Hopefully they add some of the XM features from the 2730. I'd like to see a set of volume properties, and favorite artists like in the 2730 and pretty much any other XM unit. I'd also like to see some font adjustments on the overlays - now that is probably getting whiney :)

Matt

·
Registered
68 Posts
mattmor said:
Greg,

The display is amazing! I really like this unit. Hopefully they add some of the XM features from the 2730. I'd like to see a set of volume properties, and favorite artists like in the 2730 and pretty much any other XM unit. I'd also like to see some font adjustments on the overlays - now that is probably getting whiney :)

Matt
it's always a give and take
i think you'll love this unit when all is said and done
there is no better display on the market
it's amazing how great a display can be when they don't try to make it a TOUCHSCREEN :D :D :D

sorry.... once again....
that i didn't see your message

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ClearwaterBMW said:
it's amazing how great a display can be when they don't try to make it a TOUCHSCREEN :D :D :D

sorry.... once again....
that i didn't see your message
No problem on the message. I was just giving you a ring to let you know that I got the unit and how much I liked it and appreciate your help.

I will tell you that when the unit is off you can see all kinds of finger prints and little scuffs in that anti-reflective coating. I have used only a microfiber cloth to clean it. The good news is that you can't see the scuffs and stuff when the backlight is on.

How do you have yours mounted? I am using the supplied Garmin marine mount and I removed the one part and bolted it to a plate kinda like the BMW gps mount. The garmin mount isn't that secure, I have placed a large zip tie to secure it a little more. Do you agree with this?

Matt

·
Registered
68 Posts
mattmor said:
No problem on the message. I was just giving you a ring to let you know that I got the unit and how much I liked it and appreciate your help.

I will tell you that when the unit is off you can see all kinds of finger prints and little scuffs in that anti-reflective coating. I have used only a microfiber cloth to clean it. The good news is that you can't see the scuffs and stuff when the backlight is on.

How do you have yours mounted? I am using the supplied Garmin marine mount and I removed the one part and bolted it to a plate kinda like the BMW gps mount. The garmin mount isn't that secure, I have placed a large zip tie to secure it a little more. Do you agree with this?

Matt
well....
you have asked me the million dollar question
i do NOT have it mounted on my GT yet...
because the NAV III is still in place
i bought the Z-technik mount for the left-side UNused MIRROR HOLE....
and it mounts there fine.... but, because our grips are VIBRATION-MOUNTED.... and have some engineered "FLEX" in them, i do NOT feel comfortable with this "SOLUTION."

so...
i don't know WHAT to do, honestly
i am enjoying my 376C in my Nissan Armada at this time (2004, so, didn't come with XM)... since it has an AUX JACK on the dash :D

i also use the microfiber cloth and the screen reacts to that fine
the screen is quite durable and will REMAIN a million times better to view IN ANY LIGHT.... at ANY TIME OF THE DAY than the 2600/2700/2800 Garmins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts