BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,

I've just taken delivery of a 94 K75S after being away from the motorcycle world nearly 40 years. I wanted something a could take touring, not so heavy I couldn't lift it and, above all, comfortable and well mannered. My early impressions are that this number is exactly what I hoped it would be.

Since I plan to do my own maintenance but have no experience with these machines I want to buy a workshop manual that can guide me through anything I want to do. Google shows me there is a Clymer manual and a Haines manual and several DVD manuals.

Which manual do the K75 Innitati use?
Cheers
Christy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on a great choice in the bike. My bike came with the Haynes and has been fine so far. I'm sure someone that knows the ins and outs of the manuals will be able to offer a more detailed answer. My K75 came to me non running and I have found it to be very easy and straight forward to work on.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
christym said:
Which manual do the K75 Innitati use?
Cheers
Christy
Christy, anyone who can comfortably use the word "innitati" in a sentence is certainly welcome here! You'll give the rest of us rough and unkempt roustabouts some much needed class! Welcome back to motorcycling and best of luck with your K75.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd lean towards the Haynes manual. Both are good and each might cover something better than the other, but I've had my K75S since 1986 and the Haynes manual since 1988, do most of my own work, and been happy with both. Plus, any questions can be addresses online. Welcome back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm away from riding for 35 years too, Christy, and getting ready to do a major maintenance on my '90
K100LT, using a Clymers - and also just joined. Best of luck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you got the bike's owner's manual? For minor maintenance, the instructions and photos in the BMW manual are first rate.
Steve
1990 K75RT

·
Registered
70 Posts
stevemac829 said:
Have you got the bike's owner's manual? For minor maintenance, the instructions and photos in the BMW manual are first rate.
Steve
1990 K75RT
Any idea where to buy an owner's manual? I have one for a K75 but I'd like to find one for my K75RT but never see it on ebay.

thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
WayneDW said:
Any idea where to buy an owner's manual? I have one for a K75 but I'd like to find one for my K75RT but never see it on ebay.

thanks.
Wayne: my manual is sort of generic for the K75's of that year (1990). Most of the photos in it are of, I believe, a K75C. However, there is a supplemental section (a separate pamphlet) that gives the owner RT-specific info. Most of that info has to do with accessing bulbs, etc. that are harder to get at because of the large fairing. I have seen that pamphlet for sale on ebay from time to time...
Steve
1990 K75RT

·
Registered
153 Posts
hen's teeth

Are these different manuals? I search Haynes and all I get is one manual for K100s and 75s. I search clymers and all I find is one manual for bricks in general. I don't think you are going to find a K75RT manual distinct from a K75C manual.

I downloaded a PDF Haynes manual on line from somewhere or other.

·
Registered
70 Posts
stevemac829 said:
Wayne: my manual is sort of generic for the K75's of that year (1990). Most of the photos in it are of, I believe, a K75C. However, there is a supplemental section (a separate pamphlet) that gives the owner RT-specific info. Most of that info has to do with accessing bulbs, etc. that are harder to get at because of the large fairing. I have seen that pamphlet for sale on ebay from time to time...
Steve
1990 K75RT

Thanks, Steve. That explains a lot I probably have the same owner's manual as you but am missing the supplemental section.
Feel free to ignore this bold request, but, you wouldn't be interested in scanning or faxing that to me would you?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome -

I used the Clymer manual when I rebuilt my 1985 K100RS and found it - in connection with the literally thousands of pages of unofficial techniques available on the net to be perfect.

Search on largiader.com, also the IBMWR website for tips and tricks - all seem to have lots pf pictures and asides.

Safe riding -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts