BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Greg Must be Out Riding

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  LTdavey 
#1 ·
It's been very quiet here today.

Greg has found something better to do perhaps? :)

Funny that Brutale didn't keep him from the keyboard much.

I know if I wasn't a desk jockey where I would be . . . . .

#2 ·
I think I should confiscate the Brutale from him since he doesn't seem to appreciate much. :D

It's trying to dry up here in northeast Ohio, and it's supposed to be a great weekend. The wife and I already have plans to ride all day tomorrow. We're taking the LT to mid-Ohio. Someone wants to look at it, and we want to ride so there you have it. I'll spend Sunday on the GT, you can count on it.

#3 ·
messenger13 said:
I think I should confiscate the Brutale from him since he doesn't seem to appreciate much. :D

It's trying to dry up here in northeast Ohio, and it's supposed to be a great weekend. The wife and I already have plans to ride all day tomorrow. We're taking the LT to mid-Ohio. Someone wants to look at it, and we want to ride so there you have it. I'll spend Sunday on the GT, you can count on it.

alright jackasses :p

i went shopping with the wife today
it's the deal i made with her for spending ALL day yesterday with the GT issues and i'll be riding all tomorrow

we have a Muscular Dystrophy benefit to attend this evening.... and i went with her to find something to wear

as for the brutale
1,200 miles in 3 weeks.... not bad for:
1. a bike like that
2. a guy who works 120 hours/week

i dropped it off for a first service and some stuff installed at the dealer
they are waiting for the specialized oil that the bike needs.....
AGIP 10W-60..... italian racing oil
then, i'll pick it up
then.....
to buy a power commander III, when my racing exhaust gets here...
then have the bike dyno'd to properly tune it

you think i don't like it?
..... it's the reason i find the GT..... slow........ :rotf:
after the exhaust and tune..... it'll have 156 HP and weigh 380# dry
do the math....
i love the GT, but the 910R will make the GT seem more like an LT, quite frankly :D

#6 ·
Not to mention riding up your ass. I hate it when that happens.

BTW, Greg, you'll be proud of me. I called me dealer yesterday on the pretense of ordering a shop manual that doesn't exist yet (do they?) and in the course of conversation ambushed him with, "WHERE THE HELL IS MY BIKE!!!!!!" He stuttered a few times, put his tail firmly betwixt his legs and told me it was still waiting to get on the boat. Sigh. Whimper. Whine.

On the bright side, I leave tamale heading for Sacramento. Don't have to be there till Wednesday!!! The down side: bikeless after Wednesday. I may have to rent a Hardley when I get home.

#7 ·
grifscoots said:
On the bright side, I leave tamale heading for Sacramento. Don't have to be there till Wednesday!!! The down side: bikeless after Wednesday. I may have to rent a Hardley when I get home.
Hey Grif. I'm riding to Columbus tomorrow to show the LT to a potential buyer. (I think he's going to take it.) But if he doesn't...you could always borrow it until the GT comes. That's more than Greg will offer, that selfish dress-wearing bastige! :p

#8 ·
grifscoots said:
Not to mention riding up your ass. I hate it when that happens.

BTW, Greg, you'll be proud of me. I called me dealer yesterday on the pretense of ordering a shop manual that doesn't exist yet (do they?) and in the course of conversation ambushed him with, "WHERE THE HELL IS MY BIKE!!!!!!" He stuttered a few times, put his tail firmly betwixt his legs and told me it was still waiting to get on the boat. Sigh. Whimper. Whine.

well, i'm glad that you spoke your mind to the dealer...
and.... you can still have fun on an H-D... nothing wrong with that at all
it'll make you appreciate your GT more in the long run

#9 ·
messenger13 said:
Hey Grif. I'm riding to Columbus tomorrow to show the LT to a potential buyer. (I think he's going to take it.) But if he doesn't...you could always borrow it until the GT comes. That's more than Greg will offer, that selfish dress-wearing bastige! :p
hell.....
if he comes to see ME.... and i'll let him ride my BRUTALE 910R....
a BIT more fun than your LT :rotf:

#10 ·
messenger13 said:
Thanks man and I never noticed that dress wearing bastige's were selfish till just now.

#11 ·
ClearwaterBMW said:
well, i'm glad that you spoke your mind to the dealer...
and.... you can still have fun on an H-D... nothing wrong with that at all
it'll make you appreciate your GT more in the long run
How can you speak something of which you possess very leetle? As in, that one lonely cell meandering around the smoking, grey corridors.

Lawdy, I rode Hardley for over 25 years. Now that I've seen the light, I don't know if I can get back on one. If I never polish another piece of chrome, it will be too soon.

BTW, whine.

#12 ·
ClearwaterBMW said:
hell.....
if he comes to see ME.... and i'll let him ride my BRUTALE 910R....
a BIT more fun than your LT :rotf:
I don't think there's a bike on this planet that ol' Grif can't figure out a way to have fun on. But i do know the boy likes to ride. And I mean RIDE!!! That Brutale might get to be just a bit too brutal after about 500 miles or so the first day. And it would only be 11am! :ricky

#13 ·
grifscoots said:
How can you speak something of which you possess very leetle? As in, that one lonely cell meandering around the smoking, grey corridors.

Lawdy, I rode Hardley for over 25 years. Now that I've seen the light, I don't know if I can get back on one. If I never polish another piece of chrome, it will be too soon.

BTW, whine.
5 years and 35,000 miles on a '94 softail classic
not as much as some, more than others
served its purpose for me.... got my wife to like to ride 2-up.... because the bike was slow and "predictable" to her

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.