BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT owners hang your heads in shame.

We are apparently riding inferior steads to the RT, FJR and Pan pilots.

Bike magazine gave all these bikes a good thrashing and came home with the conclusion that the Throttle was horrible, likewise the seat........and so it went on.

The RT won the test which, as an ex RT man, I feel was only fair because the test GT was pre update. Little wonder they hated it on that mix of A/B roads and Yorkshire cart tracks.

They liked the GT more than I liked mine pre update.

But....I wish they'd run the test again after the 7.0!

Ben

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Yeah, the seat could be better, but then who makes a good stock seat, other than a Russell aftermarket? The throttle could be better. Whatever.

However, no one mentions the really crappy stator (i.e. weak) output of the FJR, the heat, lousy suspension. Lack of colors. Need to put a hefty down before you can even order or see the bike. Oh, and it's SLOWER! Sorry. The FJR just is not the same league as the GT.

Then the Honda Pan (ST1300). What is with the Euro cops complaining about their wobble? So Honda's wobble and they missed that? Gold Wing's wobble too and there is a class action suit in the U.S. addressing that. I'd take the BMW throttle - even before 7.0 - before I'd settle for a wobble-prone bike.

Sheesh!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts