BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on anyone offering a backrest for the GT. I want ot use a soft topcase but need a back rest.

·
Registered
66 Posts
BMW hav add a pad.

They have a pad you can install on the topcase. If anyone knows of a standalone bakerest that is made I would like to know as well. Thanks all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check out the accesories section in Corbins website. Lots of info on seats and different kinds of back rests.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Our buddy here at the Pirates Lair usually comes up with some well designed items for the K-bikes.
The new GT just needs to be on the street a little longer for the accessories companies to do their work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Back Rest

Bakup www.bakupusa.com makes one for the 2006+ K12GT. It attaches to the luggage rack via existing holes. I found one at San Jose BMW on sale. I haven't installed it yet, but if you're interested I'll post an image when I do.

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
daustin173 said:
Bakup www.bakupusa.com makes one for the 2006+ K12GT. It attaches to the luggage rack via existing holes. I found one at San Jose BMW on sale. I haven't installed it yet, but if you're interested I'll post an image when I do.
Post an image and your experience with the install and I'll slap it in the HoW.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Back Rest

Will do. I'm waiting for it to show up. I had them ship it to Washington so I wouldn't have to pay the CA sales tax and try to carry it on the plane. Should be a day or two more.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've had one almost since I got the bike. Got it cheap from a user here. Wife likes it; although she doesn't ride much. Looks fine, I have had a few riders make nice comments on it. EASY to install. I can get pics sometime too if you want. A HoW installation probably not neccesary it's THAT easy.
Gilly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts