BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caved into my arthritic neck and did the unthinkable - traded the GT in for an '08 LT. The GT was easily the most exciting ride I have had in my biking life (with the possible exception of the 750cc 2stroke Kawasaki back in the day). Now I ride slow and listen to music - I am actually finding it very enjoyable.
I do have GT accessories to sell: handlebar relocator, peg lowering kit, large windshield and Sargeant seat - I guess I was trying to turn the GT into an LT all along.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Congratulations on staying in motorcycling. Too many people give up biking as thye get older. I am becoming a more avid biker in my retired years. Loving my GT...

·
Registered
60 Posts
sgierl said:
Now I ride slow and listen to music .
The LT can be just as thrilling as the GT on so many levels. Just cuz you got an LT doesn't mean you can't ride it like a GT when the mood strikes :ricky

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
My son and I, both on new GTs, recently rode through some twisties with a guy on an eight year old LT, and he kicked our asses. It's an astounding machine, and I'm sure you'll get lots of pleasure out of it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LT and farkles

You know I was coming home a couple of evenings ago on the new LT and I swear I was taking the corners faster than I had in the past on the GT. No where near the power, but I am astonished at how well it handles - at least when I am going more than 5 mph. The GT farkles are pretty much gone except the windshield. It is a clear 2006 Cee Bailey 4'' taller and 2'' wider ($200new). It looks like new. -S

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
sgierl said:
You know I was coming home a couple of evenings ago on the new LT and I swear I was taking the corners faster than I had in the past on the GT.
I put 108,000 miles on an LT. I promise you, you were hallucinating. Enjoy the new bike! The LT is awesome in the corners for a fat girl and even more awesome on the open road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts