BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While styling is subjective, I'm glad to see the GT is no longer a warmed over RS.

The S is the RS everyone wanted. A lot lighter and more powerful. A sporting bike you can tour on. Great for 300 mile or so days.

The GT is a mile cruncher with capacity, protection and loads of power. Probably not bad in the twisties too.

And it doesn't look like a slightly modified S the way the old GT looked like an RS.

I think BMW has a winner. A distinctive GT. If I two upped a lot, would be the bike for me.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I am sure hoping so. Better wind management and the creature comforts high on my list. Here's hoping . . . the pix appear as if BMW really went the extra miles to emphasize the touring aspects.

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
GT not warmed over S, sure is

I don't know about you but the old GT and the new GT are sure k/r S bikes with a few addons. same basic suspension, engine with a little remapping and bigger fairing. You just pay 4 or 5 thousand extra to get it. How can it be any different? The inline is the platform now with ESA and junk available across the line. The more I look at it the easier it gets on the eyes. Maybe when the 04 is getting tired, but by then the Asian offerings will for sure have improved greatly. What the heck Toyota is going to best GM shortly might as well have an asian marque bike to fit in with the general populace as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts