BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new GT info is now listed in the News category on the US site now. The description overview does states that xenon lighting will be an available option.

You can find it here: http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/news?aid=3

Click on "K 1200 GT" and then on the picture of the GT for the Pop Up page with some photos.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dwight,

Thanks for the heads-up on the U.S. site. That's way before (and so close on the heels of the intro in Italy) I figured it would make it into BMWUSA.

I know of two dealers here in the U.S. that are clamoring to get their hands on the new GT. In both instances, the current GT sold quite well at these dealerships; except for the ones that came late w/o the heated seat and cruise control.

One off the cuff remark that was interesting: "they give us K-S's, K-R's and HP2's, but the GT is a bread-and-butter bike for us." Maybe that's why it's on the U.S. website and an example will start making the rounds of the Cycle World shows beginning just next month in Long Beach.

It's (the new GT) still interesting and going to get better - at least on this forum!

Thanks again,

Miles

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
Detroit Motorcycle show

Jan 6-8 with out the new bikes!!!!!!!

1 week later the InterNational Auto Show will be held at Cobo Hall Downtown Detroit and guess what will be there??

The new bikes!!!

BMW really lacks marketing savvy, 'cause they have none!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It also mentioned onboard oil level display (very nice) and automatic cruise control. Shaping up to be a nice retirement present to myself if I can wait that long. (~ 6 years)

·
Registered
240 Posts
K1200R Owner-Tempted by the GT

I am coming to appreciate the fairing lines of this design. Unlike many who don't care for Robb designs, he always seems to get me just right. While initially I didn't care for the photo version of this bike, I am getting to like it more and more as various angles and colors are shown.

So, anyone seen or heard about the important numbers? Rake, trail, lock to lock radius, tire sizes, brake disc and pad sizes, ergos- reach, leg rise, stepover height?

I can imagine that as the K1200R changed somewhat from the K1200S thaty this will also have some engineered differences. Perhaps brake rotors and pads won't change - that was a stretch.

Anyway, keep the info and ideas coming.

·
Registered
212 Posts
k1200gt

next friday here in long beach we will get to see it and get all the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts