BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, our stock GT (and RS, I assume) seats have a storage compartment that is well disguised. I discovered mine back when I first bought the bike, and stashed some paperwork in there, but then I forgot all about it until the other day when I had the seat off and was cleaning off the underside.

·
Registered
636 Posts
detour said:
Yes, our stock GT (and RS, I assume) seats have a storage compartment that is well disguised. I discovered mine back when I first bought the bike, and stashed some paperwork in there, but then I forgot all about it until the other day when I had the seat off and was cleaning off the underside.
I keep my BMW Service and maintainance documents in a plastic sleeve in there.

Best wishes.

Ken.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found that if I remove the compartment's lid I can get my work sarnies in without crushing them. Not quite as practical as the 11RS in this respect. ( I miss the boot. )

·
Registered
131 Posts
The storage area is where I keep all of my manuals and of course the paper oil filters. Years ago I also learned to stash a few dollars under the seat in case you forget your wallet. You just never know when it could come in handy.;)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
bigmadstu said:
I found that if I remove the compartment's lid I can get my work sarnies in without crushing them. Not quite as practical as the 11RS in this respect. ( I miss the boot. )
Stuart
I guess you don't eat very much.
I don't thing I could get a paycheck in there along with the bike's manual and papers.
Bruce C

·
Registered
41 Posts
sarnie storage

Hi Bruce,

I suppose they are pretty thin sarnies :) but also I don't carry the bike's manual or any paperwork. ( No legal requirement to even carry ID in UK )

Stu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts