BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, got my bike back today after 3 attempts by the dealer trying to get my bike 's software uploaded.

I picked it up this AM, and I can finally ride slowly in 1st and 2nd. Plus the acceleration is very linear on the throttle. I feel extremely comfortable in any gear and at any speed. This is the ultimate bike that I always wanted. I was not sure until the new software was installed. My dealer did it under warranty.

I had to ride home in the heavy rain, but it was worth it. Hopefully the weather will clear up over the weekend, so I can really rock this bike and go Zoom Zoom ! :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Figuring how few GT's are sold by dealers (maybe 3 each?), no wonder many dealers have problems figuring out the firmware update off the computer. I think I'll wait a few months until they get a couple under their belts.

Heck, I had enough problems figuring out how to do a 600 mile fluid drain on the final drive today. Three hours later and I'm a bit smarter, but not by much.

Glad your firmaware update worked out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had 7.0 done last week and it is unbelievable. I really feel it is faster due to the smooth throttle response. It definitely feels more spirited. I'm having more fun with the power...its everywhere. I have not noticed any flat spots . I even sat around 4800 and still nothing. So for those of you who are sitting on the fence deciding whether to get the update or not...just do it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts