·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the call from BMW DEtroit

The NEW GT is IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on to your pants
it is for the International Motorcycle Show and the International Auto Show

I will have pictures later in the DAY!!!!!!!!!

See ya soon!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
MOTOR said:
Just got the call from BMW DEtroit

The NEW GT is IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on to your pants
it is for the International Motorcycle Show and the International Auto Show

I will have pictures later in the DAY!!!!!!!!!

See ya soon!!!!!!
I wonder if Corporate BMW has been monitoring these forums. If so, they might've made some drastic changes to the new GT, since the last pics were published. As everyone knows, BMW has always been fast to respond to consumer demand! So, i'm really looking forward to this next version. It might not be the horrific beast previously unveiled. It might be a worthy replacement to a near work of art.

... and monkeys might fly outa my butt.

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOl

Yup

We shall see I have my digital and I will be at the shop celebrating Christmas and taking pictures

And maybe monkey will fly outa my butt

Laughed my ass off on that one!!!!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Detroit Auto Show with New GT

One Washington Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48226

Times:
Saturday, January 14 through Saturday, January 21:
9 a.m.-10 p.m. (no admittance after 9 p.m.)
Sunday, January 22:
9 a.m.-7 p.m. (no admittance after 6 p.m.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wait a second...

I'd be shocked if there were no GT at the Cycle World show in Manhattan, Jan 20 to 22. That seems to overlap with the Detroit show...

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A better surprise

Heck with the GT check these Picts out
Yup brought to you by MOTOR

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
MOTOR said:
Heck with the GT check these Picts out
Yup brought to you by MOTOR
Nice pics!

So.... when are you picking up your new R1200S ? :)

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Twins

"Twins are fer girls"

That has been my mantra for years but this time I have a huge woody for the red version
Don't know how I would explain that one to my wife

I could just hear it now

"Sportin a woody over a twin aye!"

Smack

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
MOTOR said:
"Twins are fer girls"

but this time I have a huge woody....

Don't know how I would explain that one to my wife

Tell her the truth, ya borrowed that "huge" woody from someone else. :D

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Mac,

I am 100% sure BMW Motorrad USA is monitoring these forums. I can't say if BMW AG in Germany is watching. The people from BMW aren't on every day, and there is no way they can keep up with all the posts, but they do come in and scan the K1200RS/GT, K1200S, K1200R, and K1200GT Next Generation forums at least weekly.

I do know that all the HID discussion, slow speed stability issue talk, and some other complaints resulted in changes to the K1200LT and were as a direct result of BMW monitoring the BMWLT forum. If you hadn't heard yet, Laurence Kuykendall's title has changed to that of Director of Communications and Communities, and as such, he and his group will be taking more of an interest in the BMW motorcycling community at large.

Merry Christmas to All!

·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one I saw

Was Graphite or whatever the alleged colour supposed to be. Very plain sorta like the old man grey on the S

LOL

It needed some Red pin-striping to make it look good. As soon as they get the bike prepped I will take more pictures.

But the Twins my god they were gorgeous!!!!

For a BMW Twin that is

LOL

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
368 Posts
eljeffe said:
Mac,

I am 100% sure BMW Motorrad USA is monitoring these forums.
Let's hope so.

And BMW, if you are listening, let it be known, after more thought than should be required when buying a passion-based, absolutely optional, non-essential product; I have decided the FJR makes infinitely more sense. It looks better, it comes complete, it costs less and, although it may not be a BMW, it offers as much exclusivity, comfort, and long range durability as any BMW. Additional, it's becoming increasing more difficult to count on BMW service and dealership survival.

BMW, you could have designed something with quality and appearance so outstanding that we, your loyal customers, would have had nothing to debate other than the color we want. If you are listening, and read these posts, you’ll plainly see you didn't succeed in this regard.

In a market where BMW’s presence is already slim at best, BMW can expect its share to be increasingly marginalized. Even if BMW looses only 50 units to the competition, (a modest number for sure) BMW will loose, and ultimately, at the end of 06, will need to discount the GT, as BMW dealerships are doing now with the KS. How does that serve the interests of BMW, BMW riders, BMW dealerships, BMW aftermarket parts manufactures or even the little T-shirt printer in the back woods of North Carolina? It doesn’t. It DOES, however, provide assistance to your competitors.

History is a wonderful thing, and most of us embrace BMW like an old friend. BUT the past is the past, and only carries so much weight. This new generation of older, wealthier, well informed motorcycle buyer is looking for quality that transcends title, something they can be proud of, that looks modern, can be easily and economically maintained and doesn’t require constant pampering. On most of these points, not all, the new BMW KGT will fall short of other, less costly, more attractive, quality brands.

BMW is not immune to the consequences of hubris. And human nature being what it is, once the exodus begins, it will be devastating.

Happy New year, and good luck!

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
So, BMW is monitoring internet forums.

Big damned deal.

It's probably some low level flunky intern. He runs to the
boss, boldly proclaiming what the little people post on the
forum.

The bosses reaction? "Fock ze leetle people" in his best Richard Nixon
with a German accent impersonation.

You fuckin' guys kill me.

If BMW insists on making bizarre pieces of "art" instead of fully
functional motorcycles, then they deserve the death that's coming.

And then you'll have to buy a Rolex or some other flashy toy to
show society how smoothly cool you are. :cool:

IMO, of course :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Faust said:
It looks better, it comes complete, it costs less and, although it may not be a BMW, it offers as much exclusivity, comfort, and long range durability as any BMW.
In *your* opinion....it certainly isn't an opinion shared by all. I only hope BMW can survive without you.

Good luck with the FJ.

·
Registered
368 Posts
sincGT said:
In *your* opinion....it certainly isn't an opinion shared by all. I only hope BMW can survive without you.

Good luck with the FJ.
Wow. Really? I was sure EVERYBODY shared my point of view and that BMW would crumble and all the dealers would close and our bikes would rust and languish and just die away. I'll bet BMW is reallllly relieved! They were probably calling their lawyers to begin bankruptcy procedures! Phew!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
sincGT said:

Good luck with the FJ.

I am getting worried. One of the concerns I have when I buy a new BMW is where will I get it serviced. My local dealer, one of the best I have ever seen, is now selling mopeds on the side. This is a very popular dealer and has the best mechanics in the area. If they have to sell mopeds to keep going what does that say for the brand?

I am beginning to wonder if a metro area the size of the one I am in can support two BMW dealers? It certainly supports a large number of other makes dealerships.

BMW in all honesty priced too high to compete in the market. If their manufacturing costs are so high they need to act and act soon to reduce the costs while keeping up their quality. Yeah I know, not easy. However the market has already shown it does not value the BMW brand in motorcycles. BMW worked very hard to be one of the best choices in the premium car market yet I see nearly no effort to get the word out on their bikes. Even their BMW magazine rarely features the bikes and if it does it never has any good sized article on them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts