BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put on handle bar ends on a GT. I get a buzzing at 4000rpm which relates to 120klm/h which is basicaly freeway speads here in Australia. I have tryed master yoda and it reduces the numbness but if I can I would like to eliminate the buzz.

·
Registered
176 Posts
1. Speed up
2. Shift down
:)
3. Check the mountings on your exhaust system. I noticed a buzz when two of my exhaust manifold nuts came loose
4. You're in Autralia? Betcha a Staintune is much cheaper there than in the USA. My 4200rpm buzz disappeared completely after mounting up the Staintune. :clap:

Good luck,

GTRider

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
a set of Throttlemeister cruise control and bar ends did help the vibration on mine! And helped a lot on the wrist fatigue.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re:Buzzing

To those of you that have this problem, is it "03" and newer bikes? I keep reading about this problem and I find it a little hard to belive as my "02" is so smooth you would almost think it was electric! This is at all speeds and all RPM's, so I was just thinking if it's to a specific year or years that there might be an inherent problem that could be found and fixed for all of you guys that are getting this, like I said I find it a little hard to comprehend that these bikes would be anything short of a Rolls Royce as far as smoothness is concerned. Just a thought.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is an 03 GT and I experience the same buzz at around 4K RPM in top gear (120km/h). It is annoying but it does have a beneficial side effect ... given that our speed limit in Australia is 110km/h I know immediately if I'm north of that without having to look at the speedo. Ok ... I'm looking for a silver lining here.

If you come up with a solution that works and doesn't cost a bomb let me know.

·
Registered
796 Posts
my buzz also slowed up a tad as I put some miles on the bike.Dont notice it at all now that Im over 20,000 on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put dummy Throttlemeister ends on my K12RS and love them!
I'm not so sure about the vibration attenuation thing but I like the extra length for bar leverage. It's nice to have more space for various hand positions.
Also, the extension of the bars helps should the bike tip over although I haven't experienced that. The silver ends also look great!
Ciao

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guy I know who has an FJR1300 had a really nifty farkle ... it was a bar end that acted as a lockable hook for his helmet. Has anyone see something similar for the BMW bars?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts