BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a k1200rs 2003 and have the handle bar in the position shown on the pictute. I wanted to move them upward but by rotating the handlebar holder only. Notice that I will like to leave the handlebars in the most upfront position but just rotate the holders.
I untightened the bolt (as a matter of fact unscrwed it all the way) but can not get the holder to move or rotate. Is there a trick or just brut force needed

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is an addition bolt that runs up from beneath the mount to keep them from rotating. It is just on the inboard side of where the pinch bolt is.

NCS

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
If you look carefully at the left side of your photo you will see a bulge in the casting. This is tapped for a hex allen bolt that fits from underneath the triple tree if I remember right.

Of course BMW didn't make the handlbar useful and adjustable that way with splines so you could rotate it whilst ensuring it didn't work loose whilst riding. They also didn't want somebody moving it so the handlebar could crash into the tank or the screen on full lock as I think there are some vehicle design rules about that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, thank you so much for your prompt response. I just went to the garage and found the bolts and see the issue. I guess I am stuck then with the position as is.
As an alternative i looked at the handlebar bracket comfort (part number 31422333283 HANDLEBAR BRACKET, COMFORT, LEFT) but in the drawings I don't see much difference with the standard ones (that I suppose I have).
I guess you dont have to replace any lines if you put one of these? Reading the different forums I have seen that for example changing the holders for the GT holders I would have to change some lines and guess that with barbacks that will also be necessary...?
Thanks again for your help

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I have the 'comfort' risers and you can't really tell how different they are from the angles until they are fitted. They will bring the bars higher and back a tad. They aren't aggressive risers, your hands may end up partly (but not fully) in the wind. Because the rise isn't so aggressive you don't need the brake, clutch and electrics lines extended and I would say they are as far as you can go without major surgery to the hoses and cables. Your ride won't be fully upright but remember with this bike once you start trying to convert it into an LT ride, you will have the pegs, seat, shifter and brake pedal positions to think about.

Therefore, I think the BMW comfort risers make some difference with least modification, but you will never get a cruiser ride position if that's what you are leaning towards.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought my KRS with the sport (for want of a better description) 'bar risers, and after a while purchased the factory risers that Vox mentions. I stayed with these for a year or so, and then went back to original and have stayed there for the last 6 years. The position seems more suited to the ergonomics of the bike, as a 5'11'' rider :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts