BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help to dissamble the 3 piece bars on my 2008 K1200GT.
Unfortunately, I used the end bar type tiedowns and have bent my right bar.
I have the torx bolt removed but don't see how to remove the bar. Thanks for your time and help, regards, Paul :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
1. Remove the back plate cover. Be careful not to break the small plastic tabs at the bottom.

2. Remove the "retaining bolts" (my name for them). Use a 13mm wrench.

3. Unscrew the large torx bolts from the T shape bolts. The included spring will push them apart.

Note: I am not sure how you got the torx bolts off without removing the cover first, so I don't know what will happen for you. Good luck!

See attached photos...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
XMagnaRider said:
1. Remove the back plate cover. Be careful not to break the small plastic tabs at the bottom.

2. Remove the "retaining bolts" (my name for them). Use a 13mm wrench.

3. Unscrew the large torx bolts from the T shape bolts. The included spring will push them apart.

Note: I am not sure how you got the torx bolts off without removing the cover first, so I don't know what will happen for you. Good luck!

See attached photos...
Paul,

I realized this morning that you are probably past the stage I showed above. I assume that you are asking about how to remove the reservoirs, grips and switchgear - I can't help there, but hopefully someone else will dive in. It might help if you ask the admins to move your thread to the K12/1300GT forum.

I will leave my response and photos in case they are useful to others. I hope you get your answer soon.

XMR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts