BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I went to adjust my handlebars. I got out my handy torque wrench. It is the digital kind of course (my friends give me crap about it) as I am not such the mechanical type anyway.

I then looked at the "bolts" and discovered that why their not bolts at all! WTF! (That is frack!)

So what tool do I need / size?

-mark=

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BeemerDude said:
Mark, you should have a T45 and T25 under the passenger seat. BMW provided with the GT. The T45 fiits. Later,
So ok.. I am stupid. If I have the screwdriver.. how do I get the thing at the proper torque setting?

Sigh.. ask me about PCs and Macs.. I know about them :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's a tip...

Go buy yourself a torque wrench (go ahead and buy a set of torx, or star-shaped bits as well, making sure size 45 is among them)

Loosen the two bolts as far as they will go

Sit on the bike, pull the bars toward you, then pull up or push down while keeping the bars pulled toward you

Get off the bike, look and make sure that both sides have meshed in equal grooves

Torque them to the recommended value.

Forgive me if you have read your manual and know all this, just trying to help.

9baller

·
Registered
68 Posts
MarkMGT said:
So.. I went to adjust my handlebars. I got out my handy torque wrench. It is the digital kind of course (my friends give me crap about it) as I am not such the mechanical type anyway.

I then looked at the "bolts" and discovered that why their not bolts at all! WTF! (That is frack!)

So what tool do I need / size?

-mark=
which digital torque wrench did you get?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts