1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking About Converting To The Power Sportego Handlebar Conversion
Anyone Have Them On , Inpressions??????

They Sure Are Expensive But They Might Help Calm The Driver Down
I'm 5,10 And I Find That The Oem Bars Tend To Make Me Ride A Lot Above 100mph To Force Some Air To Keep Air Pressure On My Body And Lessens Weight On The Arms.
It Could Be A Great Solution For Long Time Touring On The Bike.

By Long Time I Mean 300 Mi.+ Day's!

Stroker

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wunderlich bars

I have them and they work very well. I also like the looks. I just returned from an 800 mile 2-up trip along Hwy. 1 in California. The bars worked great and kept me comfortable all day.

With regard to slowing you down, I doubt it. I have a Secdem tall windscreen and I still speed when my fiancee isn't on-board. I'm 6'-4" and don't have too many issues with the wind blast in the 110 MPH range.

I had them installed at BMW-Santa Cruz, where they sell the bars in the States. It took the mechanics 3+ hours to install them, so it isn't for the mechanically challenged, like me.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES THESE ARE THE ONE'S
YOU CAN HAVE OTHER PIC'S ON THE SANTA CRUZ BMW

THE BARS ARE PULED BACK BY xxx MUCH AND RAISED BY WHO KNOW'S

STROKER

·
Registered
8 Posts
Verholen

MadMax said:
I have them and they work very well. I also like the looks. I just returned from an 800 mile 2-up trip along Hwy. 1 in California. The bars worked great and kept me comfortable all day.

With regard to slowing you down, I doubt it. I have a Secdem tall windscreen and I still speed when my fiancee isn't on-board. I'm 6'-4" and don't have too many issues with the wind blast in the 110 MPH range.

I had them installed at BMW-Santa Cruz, where they sell the bars in the States. It took the mechanics 3+ hours to install them, so it isn't for the mechanically challenged, like me.

Good luck with your decision.
Did you look at the Verholen adjustable barbacks. It looks like the Wunderlich have more adjustment to them. On the Wunderlich site it says it comes w/ cable, but at same time I yhought it said uses stock cables. Could you fill me in on that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
cables

Yeah I saw the Verholen things on a test bike at my local dealer, and I didn't like the looks.

The stock lines are used because they run to the base plate. Then two small braided lines that come with the kit are attached to the clutch and brake handlebar reservoirs.

These bars are much more adjustable forward and aft than the Verholen design.

·
Registered
364 Posts
MadMax said:
Yeah I saw the Verholen things on a test bike at my local dealer, and I didn't like the looks.

The stock lines are used because they run to the base plate. Then two small braided lines that come with the kit are attached to the clutch and brake handlebar reservoirs.

These bars are much more adjustable forward and aft than the Verholen design.
Bob,
please explain how the new bars fit ergonomically...why you got them.... and how they helped your riding position. I am wondering if it would be worth flying to Santa Cruz ( from so louisiana) and seeing what they feel like. I wonder if santa cruz would let me buy a set then return if I was not happy with them. I hope to buy a k12R before summers end. I test road one at the dealer for about 2 hours. The seat to handle bar was not that bad...however if I could have straightened out about 2 inches back ( less leaned forward) that would be great...I think. I also like the fact that reading about the power bars, Wunderlich says they give better feel, flex less etc. In the video of the Mcar vs the K12R on the "ring", That bike appeared to have the Power bars.... any and all comments most appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Riding long?

:) Been riding 51 years, you got a ways to go yet. I presently have three great motorcycles, each with it's own character and personality, but I have got to say for sheer shit eatin grin factor, the K12S is the one. :ricky

84 R100CS Last Edition
04 R1100S
05 K1200S

·
Registered
364 Posts
DerEifelFahrer said:
:) Been riding 51 years, you got a ways to go yet. I presently have three great motorcycles, each with it's own character and personality, but I have got to say for sheer shit eatin grin factor, the K12S is the one. :ricky

84 R100CS Last Edition
04 R1100S
05 K1200S

TRUE THAT ( ALL THAT) MY BROTHA! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bars

Racegun,

The bars do move forward and back on a ratcheting design. As they move back, they are slanted downward. Also, the bars adjust like any "normal" set of bars, they rotate up and down.

Like I said, I'm 6-4, so they allow me to sit upright. This has helped me while I'm splitting traffic on the freeways every day going to work. I can see over the traffic better. I commute 50 miles a day in this horrible L.A. area traffic and I have noticed that I arrive at work much more relaxed.

The bars also made a multi-day 700 mile trip with my girlfriend much more comfortable, for her and me. Being upright, I make a good "barn-door" for her and she said the wind turbulence was better for her than with the stock bars. She didn't have to sit so close to me to avoid wind turbulence which made it more comfortable for both of us.

So, the bars have made the bike safer for me to use, in the sense that I can see better in heavy traffic and I'm less fatigued while riding it.

Be advised, that on the "R" bike, the bars are MORE expensive to have them installed than on the "S" bike according to Santa Cruz. Also, they did not have a bike with the bars installed, available for a test ride, at the time I purchased mine.

Good luck with your decision, they work great for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Don't Want To Hurt Anyone's Feelings But From My Personal Point , The Verholen Raiser Doesn't Fit With The Look's Of This Bike

It Would Look Better On The Gt But It Really Does Not Fit The Line's Of The S

But Than Again This Is To My Personnal Taste

Stroker

·
Registered
364 Posts
stroker said:
I Don't Want To Hurt Anyone's Feelings But From My Personal Point , The Verholen Raiser Doesn't Fit With The Look's Of This Bike

Stroker

plus 1/2 on that !

·
Registered
45 Posts
stroker said:

Stroker
Do they even help. anything?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts