BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying an Ipod for my K12RS. The 4gig Nano looks like it would probably fit my needs, but a 30 gig hard drive is appealing too.

Are the hard drive ipods OK to mount on a bike? Do the drives skip from the vibration?

Any problems with a Nano?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bud,
I use an IPOD 40GB with molded ear plugs. I leave it in my tank bag and have never had it skip.
A buddy of mine mounted his on a handlebar mount but did get a skip here and there on rough roads. He throws his in his tankbag now without a problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a little research, I bought the 30 Gig IPod. I have to say, it's really nice. I was able to put basically all the music I listen to and all my MC pictures with plenty of room to spare. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Purchased the iPod Nano 4Gig

Compact, ordered the iPod FM Radio Remote and the Griffin RoadTrip RM Transmitter and charger for the car. I picked up a set of Koss Ear Plugs (the stock iPod ear buds fall out too easily under the helmet). So far have loaded over 8 hours of music on it and nowhere near half way filled (497.4MB used, 3.25GB free).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really happy with the 30 gig video Ipod. Using challanger earplugs I have great sound and I have all my MC pictures loaded. I've started buying music video's and have ordered the home stereo connection that will show slide shows of my pictures through my tv while listening to my music.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just toasted my Mini's hard drive, most likely from vibration. I bought a Nano to replace it since it has the flash memory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts