BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had this problem before. It used to shift smoothly (with a clunk of course) from first to second gear, but lately I have to really pull my foot up to shift to second gear. In addition, I have trouble finding Neutral which used to be easy to do. Finding Neutral is now difficult even with engine warm. Any clues as to what is wrong and what needs to be done?

·
Registered
68 Posts
The place I would start is changing the lube to make sure it has the recommended stuff in it. 50k miles on mine and I sometimes don't seem to shift correctly. A little 'up' with the foot and sometimes a little squeeze of the clutch lever.

One or two of the gears 4-5, I sometimes don't release the foot lever with my foot and "a- she don't aa- wanna shift". 2 and 3 gear ... sometimes I think it's like butter. I'm so-o good. hahahah

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had an issue with mine when the air temperature was in the high 90's and the bike had been running for 400 miles or so. It would shift from 1st to 4th okay but it took a little more effort to get into fifth. Sixth gear was okay. I had just done an oil change with Castrol Racing 4T 5W-40 before I left for my trip. BMW tech said it was heat related. :surprise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts