BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just can't relate to this attitude....death wish....as you correctly put it. If the rider is so 'hot', then get to the track and not endanger the public. Oh yea did I mention giving all other MCs a bad name. Locally, I am struggling with the fact that one of the group was rear ended after stopping by a 15 year old in a car. Paraplegic outcome. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Wow!Fast!At least he was doing it on two wheels,not one.Looks like a time test,at the end there was a guy standing with a watch.Guess he passed...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dang! My cheeks are still tight. I can not believe some cage did not cut him off. Here in the god 'ole USA some wackmeat would have cut him off to "teach him a lesson". Just shows you that over in Europe they give the motorcycle a little more respect, even if they are on a death wish run.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Paris driving test

The guy with the stop watch was the DMV inspector, it's part of their driving test!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
jgr451 said:
Wow!Fast!At least he was doing it on two wheels,not one.Looks like a time test,at the end there was a guy standing with a watch.Guess he passed...
The Paris ring test is a 19 miles (I think) ride - pretty impressive to do it in 11 min in rush hour traffic.

The "driving culture" in paris is very different. Cars are familiar with bikes driving "in between" and do indeed respect that bikes don't have to stay in line. Unfortunately that's not the case in Denmark where I live ;-(

/Michael

·
Registered
16 Posts
french drivers

ive travelled in France for 20 years - French driving standards are the best in europe, car drivers never seem to do the "unexpected" .

I have been around this road a few times , and been popping around 100+mph with no problem..

when another biker criticises this type of action, I have to ask why have you bought a 130bhp/155mph machine if your never going to use it,, BMW make a bike called a C1 ..

i bought a bike to enjoy speed, freedom , thrills, performance ............and i hope that i always will , when i dont - ill buy a harley

·
Registered
58 Posts
black prince

The guy you see in this film is dead, but a new group of bikers is following him in their actions. They come from Sweden and obviously enjoy waiting for the police to follow them - when the police get too close the biker just speeds up and leaves as fast as he can.
Here in Europe there are some dvd's available: just google 'ghost rider' or 'ghost rider goes europe' and you can see some other amazing stuff.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Now thats crazy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't feel good.

I watched it and the whole time I was nervous. I work with a lady who speaks German and will ask her to translate. Holy cow, my hearts still racing. Thats like driving on Long Island or some other congested place, at speed. I bought a bike that can go that fast but it doesn't mean it should be done in the city for Gods sake. How about on a track like the other poster said. At least on an interstate. Yow!

·
Registered
878 Posts
A Ghost Driver on the Autobahn is...

Frits van Straten said:
The guy you see in this film is dead, but a new group of bikers is following him in their actions. They come from Sweden and obviously enjoy waiting for the police to follow them - when the police get too close the biker just speeds up and leaves as fast as he can.
Here in Europe there are some dvd's available: just google 'ghost rider' or 'ghost rider goes europe' and you can see some other amazing stuff.

A Ghost Driver on the Autobahn is...someone trying to commit suicide, often taking out other drivers.

I'm guessing the same applies to a Ghost Rider.

·
Registered
531 Posts
well with the exception of splitting lanes I ride my KRS like that all time....i don't do wheelies and i don't split lanes but i do speed. last but not least i stop whenever a cop pulls up behind me trying to out run a cop is not worh it. surprisingly of the 5 or 6 times i've been stopped by the police they've always let me go with a warning.....because i didn't try and run. ride safe and Merry Christmas to all

·
Registered
330 Posts
You better enjoy........

wellcraft said:
well with the exception of splitting lanes I ride my KRS like that all time....i don't do wheelies and i don't split lanes but i do speed. last but not least i stop whenever a cop pulls up behind me trying to out run a cop is not worh it. surprisingly of the 5 or 6 times i've been stopped by the police they've always let me go with a warning.....because i didn't try and run. ride safe and Merry Christmas to all
I too would (probably not, unless I had a HUGE lead on him/her) not try to leave a cop, the old saying "you can't beat the radio". I have done it years ago in cars and pick ups, but only situations where it was wide open road and no one else around to kill except myself. There isn't a police car around that can keep up with my bike (except the NY State Troopers Camaro's, top speed of 155). Remember, if your gonna be a nut, don't kill anyone else, just yourself. I too have been "let off" a few times with a warning, couple of times I pulled over on the side before they even had the lights on, because I knew they were after me! . Oh, also, you better enjoy "running" on the cops because just like cars, they are soon to have a gadget that shuts down your motor electronics that most all car manufacturers will be installing in the future. You run, they chase, flip a switch and the motor is out. No run, dinner in jail.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1200GTosprey said:
Oh, also, you better enjoy "running" on the cops because just like cars, they are soon to have a gadget that shuts down your motor electronics that most all car manufacturers will be installing in the future. You run, they chase, flip a switch and the motor is out. No run, dinner in jail.
Yeah, but there's a hack being worked on as well. It generates the middle finger on the display of the device that was supposed to shut down the motor.

:D
:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
119 Posts
bhaynnes said:
The guy later was killed doing this. So I'd say the death wish statement was true.
Why am I not surprised?

Fun to watch though..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts