BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be traveling from NM to the midwest in a few weeks to visit family. I was thinking of using the Anonymous book for places to stay on the way when I am not camping. Has anyone else done this on a trip?

Thanks to all who respond.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
Razel said:
I believe the Anonymous Book is for assistance for mechanical issues, not places to stay, if I understand your question. Not saying those folks listed won't be able to advise on good places to stay, but I don't think they're listed as anything but motorcycle downtime assistance.
Howdy Razel,
Actually some of the contributors have "spare room", sheltered bedroll, camping space. I have not used it......yet, but I imagine calling ahead and "checking it out" would make good sense.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have had very good luck using the anonymous book for two breakdowns. It only took a couple calls before I found a helpful soul to get me out of a bind. One was just a friend in the night, and the other has become one of my closest rally friends.

I've never used it for the spare room or camping space like BillyOmaha said; however, I have used it many times to meet another owner for coffee in a strange town.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anonymous Book

When i was heavy into touring and an MOA member a few years ago (i retired for 7 years) and now i'm back "at it" .... Hence "Old Geezer"...

Anyway used it a few times to "hook-up" for coffee....... on the other hand i was able to help 3 different guys on 3 different occasions, even "putting" a couple of them up......

I felt pretty good about that, I've spoken to long time MOA members who never ever got a call.....

I'm pretty well out of touring now, just dayrides with this little K-75 S i have here now. (i was always a boxer guy) but i've been thinking of re-joining MOA I understand they will give you your old number back...... not to brag but i was one of "The Top Recruiters" in 1994 :)

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
The MOA Anonymous Book is worth it's weight in gold. I never leave home without it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts