BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Haven't seen that one before on the steering dampener's internal coating coming off and plugging it up.

Wonder why the '07s have so many bugs? I would have expected that on the first generation run of 06. :confused:

Mack

·
Registered
433 Posts
GMack said:
Haven't seen that one before on the steering dampener's internal coating coming off and plugging it up.

Wonder why the '07s have so many bugs? I would have expected that on the first generation run of 06. :confused:

Mack
No all 07's just 428. Bad batch.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Just Joe! haven't seen you for ages - where have you been? Sold your GT?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
If a limited number of bikes are affected, how can we tell which ones, other than waiting to see if a letter arrives from BMWNA?

(...and if you don't receive a letter, wondering whether it means that your bike isn't affected, the letter got lost in the mail, or BMWNA made a mistake...)

·
Registered
433 Posts
XMagnaRider said:
If a limited number of bikes are affected, how can we tell which ones, other than waiting to see if a letter arrives from BMWNA?

(...and if you don't receive a letter, wondering whether it means that your bike isn't affected, the letter got lost in the mail, or BMWNA made a mistake...)
62 07 GTs. Mfg Date April 2 May 12.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
easyman05 said:
Just Joe! haven't seen you for ages - where have you been? Sold your GT?
Not sold it yet ... but that's just a matter of time. I'll be listing it soon. Very soon.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
hazard said:
62 07 GTs. Mfg Date April 2 May 12.
Hazard - Thank you very much!

Unfortunately, my GT has a build date of "April 2007". The recall says 2 April 2007 - 12 May 2007. Since 1 April 2007 was a Sunday, I assume that the recall applies to my motorcycle. Dang!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got of the phone with BMW NA this afternoon it was quick and to a point, rep checked my vin and give me all clear, I have a 07 KR.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
messenger13 said:
Not sold it yet ... but that's just a matter of time. I'll be listing it soon. Very soon.
How many miles did you add on the clock? I guess it must be surprise she is still alive :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
easyman05 said:
How many miles did you add on the clock? I guess it must be surprise she is still alive :)
Just under 26K. I haven't ridden too much this year due to many other factors (obligations and/or hobbies). She still runs like new though, and looks like it too.

I'm glad this recall doesn't affect me. ;)

·
Would rather be riding
537 Posts
Silvano said:
tall me . what is the 428 , is this part of the vin #
No, it's the total number of bikes that have the problem. Only 428 bikes (not all of them KGTs) are being recalled -- it's not a universal recall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts