BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I needed to use the hazard lights for just a second. I thumb both R&L switches, they come on, as they should. I try to turn them off by pressing the signal cancel button, nothing happens. I press one turn signal button and that side flashes and the other side stops, as it should. I stop the bike and turn the key off, then press the cancel button, no good. I disconnect the battery, wait a few min. reconnect, no flashers. I think good. Hours later,,, I check and they are back on!!! All this is at work, so I ride it home with the flashers flashing. I have a GS911. No luck. All it said is both R&L signal switches had a open circuit fault, fault not present now.

Any help.

OH! it is a 2005 K1200S

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the problem! It was a loose nut behind the handlebars. I had downloaded a owners manual. the download ask if it before or after Aug 05, not knowing when my bike was built, I just picked one. I picked the wrong one, and it made a difference! The early bikes have a red button on the left switch cluster, the later ones don't. I was so focused on the cancel signal switch, I never even looked at the left cluster.
You can activate the hazard lights by pressing the red button, or both signal switches at the same time, but you have to press the red button to turn them off.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow
It never would have occurred to me to turn them on with the indicator switches, or to turn them off with the cancel switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts