BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a chance to finally ride my 06 k 12s.i picked it up last month and then the snow hit. 30+ inches. so the snow melts and I get to ride. as i am riding home in the dark (1st time) I notice the light pattern is not what I am accustomed to, riding jap bikes for 30 years. it seems as thought the pattern is more to the left then to center. the 2 adjustments for loaded and unloaded is strange but I get it. the problem I am having is with the screws themselves. the one that is together with the white lever moves it up and down turns and does add some height, .but the one that moves side to side broke off as soon as I tried to turn it. well it didn't exactly break as it did come off, leaving a little rubber 'boot'. the rod coming out of the headlight nacell is not threaded, nor is the knob that came off, inside or out. so my question is : how does this thing 'adjust' w/o threads and how do I get this knob to stay on w/o threads. this is most confusing for what seems like a simple adjustment. I am sure I am missing something and could use some help.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I can only give you some experience from my KRS and it sounds as though the headlamps are the same or similar.

I had big probs with the up/down adjuster. I moved it up and down but nothing happened - light stayed in max down position (or max up?). The nylon knob you turn has a brass bush in the centre. Since the whole assembly is under spring tension, once that bush molding fails (bad design very easy) there is nothing to stop the bush dropping through and the whole up/down adjuster can end up in your hands or drop off!

Now I suspect they use the same idea on the two other adjusters. The headlamp is biased with quite strong springs and the adjuster screws have to pull the headlamp into different positions under tension.

You will need to get good access or even remove the headlamp to see what's going on. I fixed the up/down adjuster on my KRS with epoxy and by drilling horizontally through the plastic knob and threaded bush, then fitted steel pins to stop the insert bush pulling out.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Hmmm....

BE CAREFUL. I twisted the plastic hex "screw" off attempting this adjustment. It is only press fit on the screw shaft. You have to replace the whole assembly for several hundred dollars if you do this. Once the hex head is off, the unit snaps to it's spring loaded stop. Which makes the headlight useless.

Rusty.

I'm glad I fixed mine then and saved a load of cash!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
voxmagna said:
Hmmm....

BE CAREFUL. I twisted the plastic hex "screw" off attempting this adjustment. It is only press fit on the screw shaft. You have to replace the whole assembly for several hundred dollars if you do this. Once the hex head is off, the unit snaps to it's spring loaded stop. Which makes the headlight useless.

Rusty.

I'm glad I fixed mine then and saved a load of cash!
Well, my headlight isn't useless. Can't use it for the bike, but comes in handy for pictures for visual aids. :teeth

(BTDTGTTS)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts