BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 GT and was wondering how you know which one is the high beam light and which one is the low beam light so I know which one to replace.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Two different bulbs(and types). As Vox said, the hi-beam is centered, but the lo-beam is a single bulb that is reflected back to the two outside reflectors, giving the KRS/GT a dual (but worthless) lo-beam look.
Replace at least the lo-beam with a 4300K HID!

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
When you go to replace the bulb, don't follow the factory service manual. Instead, remove the front nose-cone and the three screws that hold the headlamp assembly. Pull the headlamp assembly forward, and then remove the plastic cover from behind.

The manual was written for RS models, and the GT has a windscreen motor that makes it almost impossible to change bulbs per the manual. You will save time and frustration if you just remove the nose cone and headlamp assembly. Trust us.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done... A lot easier than I thought. I installed Silver star's for both low and high beam. Hoping to get much better lighting from them. BMW factory lighting is terrible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts