BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is too damn hot for a bike. Whole week over 40. Either the Merc. or sit inside with a video in air conditioned comfort. Cannot but help think of those lucky Canucks and Yanks frolicking in the snow. I have only ridden in the snow once. Lovely.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Papilio said:
It is too damn hot for a bike. Whole week over 40. Either the Merc. or sit inside with a video in air conditioned comfort. Cannot but help think of those lucky Canucks and Yanks frolicking in the snow. I have only ridden in the snow once. Lovely.
Was watching the Australian Open last evening. Court temps were pushing 60º based on the last glance at the thermometer.

Oy! Oy! Oy...vey!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
749 Posts
want to trade weather? 26 degrees here with 4 inches of snow on the way

·
Registered
650 Posts
2008-K1200GT said:
want to trade weather? 26 degrees here with 4 inches of snow on the way
26 or 110? I think its easier to keep warm in 26 than it is to keep cool in 110.

Jokovich broke down on Tuesday playing Roddick and Serena was headed for the wall just before they closed the roof at Rod Laver and put the air con on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dadicool59 said:
26 or 110? I think its easier to keep warm in 26 than it is to keep cool in 110.

Jokovich broke down on Tuesday playing Roddick and Serena was headed for the wall just before they closed the roof at Rod Laver and put the air con on.
Why not have both, well almost 31C on Palm Island today and 6+ inches of rain. Good thing no one on the island can afford insurance eh Dadicool59.

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Heat !

44.6C(112F) yesterday 44.5C today and same forecast for tomorrow 44C!Have been inside with the air conditioner all day wonder we have not had a power out.At least we can watch the tennis,Go Roger F.Bike is under cover way to hot for a burn.
cheers to all and keep cool Andrew

·
Registered
650 Posts
westridge said:
Why not have both, well almost 31C on Palm Island today and 6+ inches of rain. Good thing no one on the island can afford insurance eh Dadicool59.

Cheers
John, even if they could afford it, I think their house must still have its front door attached to make a claim!

Hows it going up there? Im due for another visit at the end of Feb and Im hoping the rain might have slowed a little by then.

42 sleeps to Tassie for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Palm what!

westridge said:

Cheers
Last time I pulled into Palm in the yacht I was short on diesel. Palm the rule is one guy to carry the grog, one to watch his back. I had only one man to guard my yacht so I got in the police truck to pick up the diesel and the slab. This time of year in Townsville it is too yucky to sail or do anything after 0900. But here in Melb. this year??? My vegies are dead and cooked in the ground, one chook has died from heat, buried her today (too late to cook the bitch) Our greenie tree hugging friends have ensured that we have insufficient power for houses, and buggerall water. Oddly enough people are flocking to the city and new estates are going up that fast we will soon be a sister city of Townsville.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dadicool59 said:
John, even if they could afford it, I think their house must still have its front door attached to make a claim!

Hows it going up there? Im due for another visit at the end of Feb and Im hoping the rain might have slowed a little by then.

42 sleeps to Tassie for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not real pleasant here at present, heat I can handle but the humidity is a real pain in the arse. Walk outside, the glasses mist up and 30 seconds later your dripping in sweat. Still there is a new sport up here at present, spotting the storm clients, most of them have their bums hanging out of there pants and carry signs saying ""sorry I got greedy and have to pay the piper now please buy my house at an extremely inflated price". Give me strength. Bloody Kevin is probably working out how to spend my taxes on bailing out these idiots right now.

Hey with doors on Palm one day the bright spark who comes up with a method of keeping doors on will make a fortune. No one has been able to do it in some ninety years.

Anyway Andrew the forecast up here long range is for rain and humidity at least into March. I would put off any trip if you can till you get back from Tassie (Lucky prick).
If you want to meet up when you come send me a PM. We will need to organise it a bit better than at the safari. LOL I hav'nt spoken to my mate in Tassie for a while but will be catching up soon, I'll get an update on the Smithton roads for you then.

Cheers

·
Registered
749 Posts
To be sure heat over 100 like you describe is very uncomfortable, especially if it's humid, but the big killer here is if you get in traffic. If I can stay moving at highway speeds I'll take the heat any day. Do you guys get traffic jambs down under?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tail end of the cyclone here yesterday in Perth 5:30, 37C and fine sky to the North and a huge kickarse flood your driveway shower over the suburb... weird...

Getting sick of 40C and above lately...

:)

*Still, it beats snow...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bry said:
Tail end of the cyclone here yesterday in Perth 5:30, 37C and fine sky to the North and a huge kickarse flood your driveway shower over the suburb... weird...

Getting sick of 40C and above lately...

:)

*Still, it beats snow...
We are just getting the front end of cyclone Ellie. Bloody wonderful. Yesterday the met was saying there was a low chance of a cyclone developing. Now we're going to get 100+ wind and a truckload of rain. At least I'll get a long weekend. Its p$%^%$g down with rain but hot and unbelievably humid, snow is looking good about now.

My major concern is do I put the GT on her centre or side stand?

Cheers

·
Registered
650 Posts
westridge said:
We are just getting the front end of cyclone Ellie. Bloody wonderful. Yesterday the met was saying there was a low chance of a cyclone developing. Now we're going to get 100+ wind and a truckload of rain. At least I'll get a long weekend. Its p$%^%$g down with rain but hot and unbelievably humid, snow is looking good about now.

My major concern is do I put the GT on her centre or side stand?

Cheers
Keep the tailpipe elevated then the floodwaters wont get into the engine :teeth

·
Registered
239 Posts
Heat and Vespas

Another burst of heat in Horsham 38C(100F) today and 43C (109F)tommorow.Have aride orgainsed for tommorow so guess I can take liner out of jacket.
RE Traffick jams...YES and getting worse wish they would fix up the rail system in Victoria or make Vespas stamp duty,registration and all the other charges including the safety levy free.Maybe a good idea to make all bikes free of all the charges imagine how many cars that would get off the road!
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Right that's it, I'm selling the bike and getting a boat, more torrential rain forecast for the weekend. I'm getting worried I will have forgotten how to ride it when any of the roads reopen up here. God only knows what they will be like when they do. They weren't real flash before the rain started.

Townsville is currently pothole city. People have been wrecking their vehicle's suspension driving into them. Moron's. Poetic justice really, they don't see bikes so why should they see a hole in the road. These aren't small holes either, some of them you can swim in.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts