BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is true that the stock Powerlet plug is insufficent to run a Gerbings heated jacket? My dealer said that the voltage draw from heated gear will shut down the plug and that it is only good for items like the charger and GPS. He mentioned that there is a replacement upgrade plug that I would have to install.

·
Registered
365 Posts
canbus limits to less than 5 amps

check this post for the Centech unit, it is a fused panel direct from battery, a portion is only on when bike is on. Gives you the choice of always power on, power on when the key is on, or power on when the engine is running, depending on how you wire it

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15429&highlight=centech

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
If you don't want to go the Centech route, look at your panel where the oem outlet is. On my older bike there was space to fit an identical socket just below the oem. They even provided the 'knockout' in the ABS panel. You can buy identical plug and sockets better made from a marine shop.

I ran mine direct to the battery via an inline fuse as there are times when I want an 'always on' outlet.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
230 Posts
heated gear and powerlet

The second plug located in the rear of my bike was not ordered when the bike was new. I bought the extra plug and ran it thru my Centech fuse panel. Works like a charm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts