BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bodies in burnt out houses one end of the country, bodies in flooded homes at the other. I hope riders have the brains not to go riding through the hills around Kinglake today, if they dont get incinerated they will sure cause inconvenience to the emergency services.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Papilio said:
Bodies in burnt out houses one end of the country, bodies in flooded homes at the other. I hope riders have the brains not to go riding through the hills around Kinglake today, if they dont get incinerated they will sure cause inconvenience to the emergency services.
I'm staying right here in Ohio where I belong. :yesnod:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Papilio said:
Spot on papilio. We have a king tide at the moment and with all the rain we have had the street outside is under about 9 inches of water. So what do the locals do in their 4wd? Yep drive up and down just to make sure all the shops get completely inundated. Of course the local cops and council are not clever enough to close any streets both claiming they don't have the authority.

I hope you get a change in the weather down south. Yesterday must have been horrific. Watching the news this morning was not pleasant. Lets hope no more lives are lost.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what

2008-K1200GT said:
Whats going on down under fellas?
The southern capital city of the state of Victoria is surrounded by fire which is destroying lives and infrastructure, and most of the state, is on fire. The hottest day and the longest period of heat on record. 25 dead possibly 50 when they can get in to count. The main highway of the nation is cut by fire. Up north in the tropics they are having their wettest on record. Flooded cities getting more heavy rain day after day.. So if you imagine Boston area on fire and New Orleans under water, and most places in between experiencing similar shit. Thats it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
westridge said:
Spot on papilio. We have a king tide at the moment and with all the rain we have had the street outside is under about 9 inches of water. So what do the locals do in their 4wd? Yep drive up and down just to make sure all the shops get completely inundated. Of course the local cops and council are not clever enough to close any streets both claiming they don't have the authority.

I hope you get a change in the weather down south. Yesterday must have been horrific. Watching the news this morning was not pleasant. Lets hope no more lives are lost.
What does the Bolle look like at the mo. Would the road to Hervey Range just off the Bruce be under water, or has it been. Talking about a short distance from the Ambo. station.

·
Registered
93 Posts
All roads out of Townsville are either cut off or have been cut off including Hervey Range Road. The road to Charters Towers opened this afternoon but is cut off on the other side. Can't get in or out via road in any direction. The city is running out of milk and meat. We have now had this month 959 mm of rain, about 38 inches in the old scale and its only the 8th. the forecast is for heavy rain overnight and the highest tide of the year at 0900 tomorrow. God only knows what Townsville will look like tomorrow, it could be the "perfect storm".

Further north it looks like three people lost their lives today, two adults in a group of seven trying to cross a flooded road, five were rescued, no trace of the other two and worse a five year old kid was chasing his dog, ended up in a river and got taken by a croc. His seven year old brother was watching apparently. Didn't hear where the parents were.

These are ugly times in the lucky country at present.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wet

Now if you could just figure on digging a trench to hook all that into the Darling system, you would have our eternal gratitude. I think the murray cod go as far north as 100k south of Townsville, cannot be too impossible.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sorry to hear that, and stunned it's not getting airtime here. I would think we should be sending some help. It seems we send help to everyone else, but one of our best allies, and it doesn't even make the news. Stay safe fella's

·
Registered
93 Posts
After seeing the news this morning I am thinking we are not to badly off up here after all. 108 dead in Victoria and still counting. If any of those fires were deliberately lit I hope they catch them and turn them over to the families of the victims. Our thoughts are certainly with the victims and their families, What they are going through at present most of us would have no idea.

The amount of water that is running out to sea at the moment is amazing. Why we don't tap into it and send some south is an excellent question. I suppose cost as always would be the issue but with kevin trying to waste billions at present you would think someone in the governments of the clever country would be putting it up for consideration at least.

The greenies on the one hand say it would be environmentally destructive while marine scientists are saying all this fresh water loaded with silt and farming chemicals will have a devastating effect on the barrier reef.

It all seems a bit hard though, down south now seems to be in a permanent state of drought while up north we are slushing around up to our knees or worse. I wouldn't have thought putting two and two together was so difficult.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
That looks like the real hell :(
Hold up, mates, our thoughts are with you!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
drink

drink. The bike rider did not make it of course. Lots of pics of head on collisions, many cars run off the road, all ending their lives there. Cop was telling me last night that the chopper pilot has spotted many burnt out cars in a sports oval. They are yet to check it out. They expect thed toll to be well over 200.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts