BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at these beautiful bikes for years K1200RS. Well pulled the trigger 5 days ago. 1998 w 16K on the clock. I will include a photo once I update my profile. Yesterday the front brake line ruptured. :-( The one from the MC to the pump, just after the bango bolt.. I ordered the Spiegler SS kit to replace all the lines. My ? is do I need any "special tools" for this job? I did a search here before I posted and it appears there are two ABS systems. Orig. ABS II the system I think I have, and the Intergrated System 01 and newer. The Clymer says the dealers needs to bleed the ABS system. It appears some here have done it without any problems. This is the first bike I have owned with ABS. I also have a 1985 K100RS. I have replaced the master cylinder on it. I have a vac. pump for bleeding brakes. Anything specical I need to be concerned about?
Thanks in advance!
Ernest
P.S. great resource you have here! :clap:

·
Registered
437 Posts
just do it!

just bleed the wheel circuits with speedbleeders like u would a car. don't worry about the control circuits in the abs unit. most contemporary thought is that those circuits aren't exposed to air and are lifetime good. easy job..........

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
ABS II is the easiest to deal with, just bleed as for other bikes or car, but know where all the bleed points are, including the one's on top of the ABS unit.

Surprised Clymer bottles out, but I can understand it if they were refering to the more complicated servo and linked brakes on later bikes. Just make sure you empty as much of the old fluid from the system as possible as that old black rubber will be floating about.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Like they said, standard work. My front line blew at the fitting on the headtube where it connects to the hardline. Replaced it with a stock piece but really wanted the Spieglers,just did not have the time for the order. Take your time and just be meticulous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts