BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 k1300gt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick intro about me, in th a last few years jumped from Honda vtx to Harley street glide to Ducati Multistrada to Honda st 1100 now just got got new to me 2011 k1300gt full equiped with 43000kms. The bike is in perfect condition and po always had it serviced at his local bmw dealer even to the point of nitrogen in the tires. I hope to get many more miles on this bike and lots of info from this forum. Me and a few buddies have a big ride planned for western US next summer and super excited for the trip and putting Mike’s on this beautiful ride

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Welcome to the community! MC pix are always appreciated.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,417 Posts
Western US, be sure to do Torrey Utah for a night and down Hwy 12 and the area. Plenty of great parks, get a season pass or senior pass.
Then there is the Arches park very near the road south to Moki Dugway which is a must do. The bottom is the famous Horse Shoe bend in the colorado river and futher on is Mexican Hat. The swing grill and a couple of motels there. Old west movies filmed there. Do the Monument Valley tour, leave bikes in parking lot, they are watched and take the bus. Have fun. So much to see too little time.

·
Registered
2011 k1300gt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s the problem Beech is trying to decide what to see and do. Our first issue is getting the bikes from Montreal to Calgary, we figured that would be a good starting point. We are in the process of contacting transport companies which are turning out to be really expensive or they want us to have the bike professionally crated, gas and oil drained and battery removed, anyway still lots of time so we will keep looking.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,417 Posts
Might be easier to buzz south on Interstate 15 to the SouthWest. Shipping companies is the states do not require fuel or battery removal. Generally about 600 $
That money might be better spent on motels and gas. Another point is that you will need to make motel reservations in most areas. Easier to cancel that to get a room in a full motel.

·
Registered
2011 k1300gt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That might be an easier solution, all sorts of hoops to jump through just to get some bikes shipped in Canada, I’m no expert in the transport industry but it seems to be more of a hassle then I expected it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts