BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crossing off an item on my bucket list, I snagged a K1200RS of Facebook Marketplace for $1550, I sold my Bimota YB10 Dieci 10 years ago when my daughter was born and this is my first bike in a decade, Used to work for German Manufacturer MZ motorcycles US importer in Daytona Beach, FL and once worked for Joel Sacher of BMW New York in Huntington Long Island back in 1993 but this is my first BMW and first bike in a decade. Needs a bunch of attention but runs like a top, like a magic carpet ride! Hopefully I'll be able to source the things I need with a little help from you guys!!!

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
911 Posts
Welcome, I used to own that year and color in days gone by along with two others. A collectors item in my book, and at that price any maintenance costs will still make it a good buy. And I bet there will be a couple of things. Enjoy, what a great bike.

Reactions: DAMIEN-7

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that same motorcycle. Enjoyed the hell out of it before I moved on to a K1600GT.

Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations, I recently got a K1200RS also and joined the group. My first street bike was R65, then a GSA. This is my first K Series. I’m thrilled. I‘ll also look to this group for sourcing items like side bags, exhaust, etc. The technical expertise has already proved extremely helpful. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts