BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to stop by and say hello, fore tomorrow I will have a K1200R. The story is as follows: I have been looking for an upgrade for my '07 Ducati 695 Monster and I had been almost everywhere and looked at many different bikes. I was searching for something more comfortable with more power. There is a BMW dealer less then a mile away from my house, but I had never stopped in thinking that the cost would be too high for what I was willing to pay. But I raised off my duff and rode over there. I was drawn to a K1200R sitting in the showroom. The employee began to tell me the story of someone who purchased one and it had too much power for them and they were trying to sell it for, what I thought, was a pretty good price. So I asked "oh is he still trying to sell it?" The employee responded with "it's this one right here." I was taken a bit aback because I thought it was a brand new showroom condition bike, because that is how it looked. We began to talk about the bike and he began to tell me a little bit more about it. It was loaded with many options. It was an '06 with only 1600 miles on it, which is less then I have put on my Ducati in 9 months. Then came the price, apparently the bike was on consignment and the owner really wanted it to move. So when he told me "10,000" I thought that I had to jump and that and take advantage of the deal. So I did, and tomorrow I'll have a K1200R sitting in my garage.

~Dan

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello

Hello and welcome to the board. Congratulations on your new K bike. I am sure you will love it. My first Beemer was a '93 K1100RS which I rode for 11 years and 68K wonderful miles. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congratulations :clap: and welcome to forum.... you'll enjoy the power :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Dan - This is Robin, the bikeguy

I'm a nooby too. Just got my first BMW, a K1200S 2006 with about 14,000 miles on it for about $12,000. The K1200R - that is a nice one too. You are in the same frame of mind that I am - you like to get going.

I actually was looking at the R myself but I like the full fairing on the K1200S. I've been learning all kinds of information about BMWs - the good and bad. The bad stuff can really scare the hell out of you but you just have to talk to the right people.

I turned in a Kawi 2005 ZZR1200. Really liked that bike allot but the K12S is lighter and quicker and has more options. I'm looking at maybe getting the GT. I have a 2008 Special Edition ZX14 and a ST Honda 1300 with ABS 2006. The Honda is the one I'd probably trade in for the GT but as you can see the K12S and the ZX14 -- well, those are "get it on" bikes, especially the ZX14. That one is just for me but the K12S and the Honda are for my wife and me. She does ride on the back of the ZX14 but not too thrilled about it, which I understand completely.

So, welcome! Talk to you later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
New K series owner

Hello folks bmwriders from Athens in Greece.

After 20 years (I am 45 years old)in BMW family with GS a few days ago I bought my first K12GT / 08. I have made only 400km for the time being and I hope to spend all my free time on it.

Gentlemen its true I am in love and I believe that I need to learn more about this excellence motorbike from your experience.

Thanks in advance from your hospitality & Rgds all of you.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts