BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie in N E England here saying hi. Lifetime biker recently acquired an 06 K1200GT ... having bought a Blackbird in March (couldn't cope with the riding position .... a combination of age and knackered joints), a Moto Guzzi Norge in May ( I loved it but the missus couldn't stand the vibration), and finally the BM ... which we both love.
I've done about a thousand miles on it so far and have no complaints. Previous bikes have included a Hayabusa (a 2001 unrestricted version) and a Triumph Sprint 1050 ST (worst lump of metal ever thrown together) and a Triumph Daytona 1000 ... the 4 pot one, an excellent bike.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Deadloud said:
Newbie in N E England here saying hi. Lifetime biker recently acquired an 06 K1200GT ... having bought a Blackbird in March (couldn't cope with the riding position .... a combination of age and knackered joints), a Moto Guzzi Norge in May ( I loved it but the missus couldn't stand the vibration), and finally the BM ... which we both love.
I've done about a thousand miles on it so far and have no complaints. Previous bikes have included a Hayabusa (a 2001 unrestricted version) and a Triumph Sprint 1050 ST (worst lump of metal ever thrown together) and a Triumph Daytona 1000 ... the 4 pot one, an excellent bike.
Hi back! I hope you and your wife enjoy your new-to-you K1200GT.

If you want a more upright position and more legroom, you can buy bar risers and/or a footpeg lowering kit for you and another for your missus. There are several different brands - they are all good. You may find some used ones.

1000 miles is a good start. Do you have any travel plans? (I suppose it is getting very late in the season in the NE England.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts