BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just brought a k1200s which I love, but the fuel gauge has stopped working, it just flashes and says I have 0miles left but their is no yellow warning light. I have heard about the zapper fix is that worth doing or do I need a new fuel strip and how much would it cost to get sorted.
Any help I am very grateful for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Japandy,

I agree with Mattias_r. Of course we wrote the fix/repair article but I believe it's the cheapest fix, the best long term fix. I did the zapper fix and it worked for about 100 yards. I did it again and it worked for a day. For some people it lasts longer. But to permanently fix the problem go with the float type sending unit from a K1300S and follow the instructions at the post that Mattias_r gave you.

du907

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fuel Gauge

My lovely 2006 K1200s had 2,600 miles on it when I got it in 2016 and it was already on its second fuel strip. A third was installed under warranty and it worked for over a year. It may just need calibration now but I went old school and plan my fill ups every 150 miles +/- knowing I can go 200 miles easy. Until the yellow low fuel indicator comes on and annoys me to no end I am not touching it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts