BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
Can anyone please help?

I came to start my K1200RS (2000) this morning and i have no neutral light and no gear selection indicator display... :confused:

Also

When i disarm the DATATOOL System 3 alarm and start the bike , the alarm arms again after a few seconds!! :yeah as if i had never turned the ignition on at all!!

In fact if i try to enter service mode , instead of engaging it rearms , again as if i had never turned the ignition on at all!

The ignition makes the ususl noises on turning on and all function apart from neutral light and digital gear ind appear to work.

I have looked at the fuses under the seat in the 2 pods and all look ok.

Help PLEASE!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorted

OK , sorted myself...been here before and forgot.. :D

It was a blown fuse :dance:

Now for that ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still a problem!!

OK ...back again :( :confused:

I replaced the fuse , rated in the fuse block cap as 4A with a 5A and all seemed ok, started bike and blown again :(

Anyone any ideas?

Should i up the Fuse ampage or is that silly..or am i using the wrong ampage in the first place?

Martin

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I would replace the fuse with the right amp and dissconect the alarm system (unwire it )and see how it works...short?...and check your grounds

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BAK04GT said:
I would replace the fuse with the right amp and dissconect the alarm system (unwire it )and see how it works...short?...and check your grounds
As far as i can see, there are 2 wires to the underseat sensor - not important
2 wires to the LED - not important
2 wires which look like may be to the batery - can i just cut and tape these?

Is this all that the alarm is likely to have and wil it just disable quietly?

Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
once you get rid of the power supply i would think it is useless...UNLESS it has its own backup supply within the unit itself....but a big hammer will fix that....Not sure.... would seem it would have a backup power supply if it were a good alarm system...dont know what to tell you....should be more people in here soon ...so someone might be able to help you on that one...this site has been down a few days....but they ll be back

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK got frustrated and have removed the alarm completely and the fuse has not blown again yet... however the only problem is i no longer have a rear brake light.
The rear brake light loom was wired into 2 of the wires in the alarm loom and so is now no longer attached to the bike system.
I am unsure where to connect back in...has anyone got a wiring diagram for the K12RS 2000 model showing this area?

If anyone can trace their cable from the rear brake pedal and see what this connects to under the seat , poss take pic this would be a great help. Mine treminates with a 2 pin plug but no idea where to connect now!

Cheers

Martin

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see no free 4 pin connector.
The alarm was al wired with crimp or solder connections.
The only free connector is a 2 pin one that was masked off and not used when alarm installed.

What i really need is a pic of someones underseat connections for the rear brake loom.

If you trace the 2 wire loom from brake fot switch to under the seat and see how it is connected to the loom or a wiring diagram.

If i put a meter on the 2 wires coming from the brake foot switch , it is just a loop that creates a round circuit when the pedal is pressed but what to connect it to :confused:

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
The Datatool alarm and wiring is installed so that the bad guys can't get off with your bike. It's installed in such a way that disconnecting obvious things like the battery and cutting wires, do not disable the lockout which stops them starting the bike. As a company, I found Datatool quite protective about how they wire in their alarms, which is why you have to go to one of their agents to have one installed.

I support their policy of not handing out wiring information, as it helps all of us keep our bikes. However, It is possible to bypass the alarm, and remove it to send back for servicing. It would be wrong for me to post how to do it on an open forum. However, Datatool are one of the best companies I've had to deal with on service and support and they will be able to help you once you confirm your bike and ownership registration details. It took me a long time to work it out, so I wouldn't wish to make it easy for bike thieves by posting the info.

If the alarm fuse is blowing and there are no obvious signs of bad wiring from the fuse to the alarm connector then the alarm is faulty. The current draw in the non alarm state is milliamperes. In the alarm on state it's still going to be less than 2 amps. Don't underestimate these alarms if they have been properly fitted. They link into your ECU supply, starter, hazard flashers and the led tell-tail in the rear light.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts