BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help needed figuring out loud cracling noises on brand new K1300S

My brand new 930 miles K1300S makes weard clonking crackling noises, but the retailer keeps telling me these are very normal sounds(!). The noice, sounding like gears are slipping or some bearings have collapsed, can be created when slowly rolling downhill ever so slightly engaging the clutch. The clonking noice created sounds like cogs disintegrating, and the natural attempt to avoid this to happen makes it hard to drive in the city with heavy traffic.

As the retailer is telling me this is very normal and common to most shaft drive models, I am wondering if this is true or if I am the only one experiencing this?
Does anybody know what on earth it might be?
I have been to the retailer twice who had taken the bike for a spinn but keep telling me its all fine, whilst I on the other hand have experienced this noise has been getting more and more profound. Any car driving next to me when it happens can clearly hear it.

It would be a quite frightening experience if the gearbox or what have you would lock up the back wheel when riding the bike 160+ mph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds fishy

I have a k1200s and it does not make any sounds like that. I also have a friend with a 2013 k1300s and his was quiet. With that I think it sounds like a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts