BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Help needed

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Panzer Sergeant 
#1 ·
Hello all, I need small suggestion from you guys,

Are there any motorcycle shipping companies that you have experience with and would personally recommend?

I'm going to selling my Skytop's bike and I need to ship it form houston to Ft. Lewis Washington. I don't know much about shipping. My buyer recommend me for Citizenshipper for bike ground shipping, But this was my first time for selling a bike and i don't know much bike transporting and delivering
So, recommendations, help would be much appreciated.
Is there any special thing which i need to know like any tips

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Just be aware of using brokers vs actual shippers. With the former you can be left waiting while they dangle your shipment and nobody takes a bite. The latter will tell you the fee from the start and whether or not it can be done per your time schedule.

Also, some shippers will roll your bike onto a truck and tie it down. Others will roll your bike onto a palette and tie it down to that. Whats the difference? Depending on your move, your bike can change trucks several times and each time brings up risk of damage. Having it on a palette means it gets picked up and transferred via a forklift, your bike stays tied down, nothing gets close to it. Consider it a defensive perimiter. Without a palette someone has to stand beside it and wheel it around each time it changes trucks.

#8 ·
Haulbikes. They may be a bit more expensive but transporting bikes, snowmachines,ATV's is all they do. I just used them a second time
to ship a K1100RS Colorado to NY. I believe it was in the low $600's.
I've used uship also. Don't be fooled by a lower price. I bought a Guzzi out of Texas. The owner worked out a deal w/guy he got off of Uship.
Great price. Guaranteed 10-day to 2 week shipping time. It arrived in just under 6 weeks. The shipper went from Texas to Denver to Oregon
then San Diego and finally to me. He had a 36' tandem axle trailer that had seen better days. Tires on the trailer were almost bald. He could barely
make it up my driveway. Yes the bike arrive unscathed. But the aggravation, phone calls to Texas, promises made and broken....repeatedly. Pay
the extra $. It's worth it. The Haulbike drives are pros. You can tell they've been doing this a long time.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

#11 ·
Haulbikes. They may be a bit more expensive but transporting bikes, snowmachines,ATV's is all they do. I just used them a second time
to ship a K1100RS Colorado to NY. I believe it was in the low $600's.
I've used uship also. Don't be fooled by a lower price. I bought a Guzzi out of Texas. The owner worked out a deal w/guy he got off of Uship.
Great price. Guaranteed 10-day to 2 week shipping time. It arrived in just under 6 weeks. The shipper went from Texas to Denver to Oregon
then San Diego and finally to me. He had a 36' tandem axle trailer that had seen better days. Tires on the trailer were almost bald. He could barely
make it up my driveway. Yes the bike arrive unscathed. But the aggravation, phone calls to Texas, promises made and broken....repeatedly. Pay
the extra $. It's worth it. The Haulbike drives are pros. You can tell they've been doing this a long time.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
I just had a K1200S shipped from Denver to Tennessee. Started with Haulbikes quote then got quotes from UShip, went through 3 shippers in 2 weeks who gave a quote & schedule then backed out, then a 4th who told me I needed extra insurance for him to haul it. (WTF!?) Went back with Haulbikes..... Trying to save $75 I unnecessarily delayed my own shipment for 2 weeks. Haulbikes is responsible, reliable, and doesn't make BS promises they can't deliver. Pay a few $ and go with biker pros.

#9 ·
Hello all, I need small suggestion from you guys,

Are there any motorcycle shipping companies that you have experience with and would personally recommend?

I'm going to selling my Skytop's bike and I need to ship it form houston to Ft. Lewis Washington. I don't know much about shipping. My buyer recommend me for Citizenshipper for bike ground shipping, But this was my first time for selling a bike and i don't know much bike transporting and delivering
So, recommendations, help would be much appreciated.
Is there any special thing which i need to know like any tips

Thanks in advance
I've used R1r6 Express, 7312 W. 89 Terr., Overland Park, KS 66212. The phone # is (517) 507-0612. The owner's / operator's name is Brandy. I think her last name is Weaver. I had my K1200R Sport, that I bought on ebay, picked up in North Adams, MA. This was in the winter of 2014, in which the NE suffered a through an extremely rough winter. On the way back, she picked up my son's Aprilia Futura from Lansing, MI where he was going to school. Both bikes were delivered to Kansas City, MO without damage.

#10 ·
I shipped a K1300S from Dallas to Boise. I do not recall the carrier, but it was on a pallet. The price was around $600.00. The bike arrived in great shape. One thing that I was unaware of was that someone had lowered the tire pressures, so bring a pump and a gauge when you pick up the bike. I shipped another bike in 1980 with Roadway Trucking. On that shipment, some fool ran a forklift through the crate the bike was in damaging the fuel tank. Another thing, make sure the shipper photographs or videos the bike before it is shipped, and preferably when it is on the pallet. Of course you will want to take a camera with you when you pick up the bike in case the worst happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.