BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,

I've not long had my K1300S and wanted to install a lead on the battery so that I connect it to an Optimate. I want to remove the left hand fairing to hide the wire behind and position the connector in a safe and handy place.

I had a quick look at the weekend and there appears to be a lot of fairing screws etc. I guess with trial and error I'd get there in the end but if anyone can share their knowledge on how to remove the fairing (or enough to be able to do what I want) then I'd be very, very grateful. Photos would also be handy to a novice like me.

Many thanks in advance.

Stay safe!

Nick

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a k1200s 07.... and I'm thinking you really only need to remove the TANK fairings.... not the full side fairing... and only one side at that!

IF your configuration is like my K1200, remove the seat, I would pick which side you're going to hang the lead from, and pull off ONLY that side tank fairing(slide it to the rear) and the front little corner fairing piece(pictured) in front of the levers so you can see where to put the tank fairing back on... and then fish the wiring to the frame section you're going to stick the pigtail out.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
You should be able to get all the fairings off in under 10 minutes.
It looks like a big job but it isn't. Just remove the screws and all the bits come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts