BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has an idea... it sure would be great...In the last couple of days I have been having problem with a smooth shift.....when I go thru the gears I get a bad hesitation at the moment of throttle up......When I shift I preload and just a slight pull on the clutch and a quick snap of the throttle....Its like no fuel for that split sec when letting out the clutch and coming back with the throttle...Makes for a real unsmooth engagement......Other than that all seems well....No clutch slippage..Runs smooth at idle and while riding......I reset the ecm and tp.....Air and fuel were done about 6000 miles ago....No change in gas brand or octane...(just price).....Im leaning toward cable....or maybe tps....But wanted to see if anyone has ever had this same problem.....Thanks for any and all input....BAK04GT

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Has this occurred over more than one tankful of gas or on the same tankful of gas? Possible that you got a batch of bad gas, it happens.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rhhall said:
Has this occurred over more than one tankful of gas or on the same tankful of gas? Possible that you got a batch of bad gas, it happens.
...Thats the first thing i thought too...but have filled up twice ...with no change....when I went out to get stuff for dinner tonight...its like its in total shutdown at the moment of re throtteling up after the shift....but only for that split sec it takes to go thru the motion of shifting...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:...just got around to checking out the vacuum lines,cables,airintake today...all was good....except had a loose plug wire on #1....Thats all it was...Like a whole new bike.....40,000 +...and runs just like i bought it...but what a difference.....didnt get the rough idle like you would with the plug completly disconected....so if anyone feels they are laking power and have a rough shift.....check your plug wires..... :tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts