BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the unfortunate need to replace both bulbs on my PIAA 1100x lights which burned out on a recent trip. Can anyone suggest the best place to purchase new bulbs. More importantly, can anyone provide instructions on how to replace the bulbs (I don't have any original documentation on the lights)?

·
Registered
96 Posts
ten said:
I have the unfortunate need to replace both bulbs on my PIAA 1100x lights which burned out on a recent trip. Can anyone suggest the best place to purchase new bulbs. More importantly, can anyone provide instructions on how to replace the bulbs (I don't have any original documentation on the lights)?
I'm not sure of the best place to buy them. I got mine for abou $39 from my local dealer.

As for replacing them, it's pretty easy. I'm going from memory here - so forgive if I'm unsure on the fasteners.

Remove the 2 black phillips screws on the outside of the lamp housing. The chrome buld housing cover will come off. Remove (as I recall) 4 screws which retain the brass colored bulb mounting plate. The new bulb will come with 2 new rubber feet that isolate the bult from vibrations. Reverse the process from here.

Its pretty easy.

Matt

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

Thanks for much for the quick replies and help. I've ordered bulbs...and I'm ready to fix them when they arrive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts