BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 k75c it has sat for two years. When I tried to start it it did not start I took the fuel pump out and it was not working. I tapped the fuel pump a few times then it started to work. I Put everything back together the bike fired right up. It ran real well for about a block, then it started to bog down and act like it was going to die until I let the gas off then it would idle. I changed fuel filter then tried again. it did the same problem does anybody know what my problem could be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Could be a bad pump.
However, I would tend to think you may have a lot of crud in the system. You changed the filter but did you clean the lines at all, flush the tank, check the air filter, at least clean the plugs, etc.
If it wants to die under load, i.e. throttle use, it could be one of those things restricting firing, gas or air flow. I helps to clean out the whole system so that any crud is gone.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
You can test the pump doing a fuel pressure check. Should be in the manual the procedure and the pressure specs.

I think you may have moved crud around and plugged the injectors. All fuel injectors have a tiny filter screen at the inlet. You could remove the injectors and then apply power to them with a power supply or even a 9V battery, that clicks them open. Then spray strong chemicals such as carb cleaner from the other end.

Then reinstall the injectors on the rail and direct them in a container, turn on the ignition and see if the fuel flows.Trying to remember, been a while but you may have to hit the starter for a constant fuel flow. If you do any of that....protective gear, safety procedures and have a fire extinguisher handy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This sounds similar to my problem, I ended up replacing FPR and got the bike to start up and idle with tank and pump ON. Put it all back together and no can't open throttle, did you figure out solution?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts