BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the morning treck @ 6 a.m. I left Gar and Fleas' at 2 p.m. and I rolled the bike into that garage @ 10 p.m. TRAFFIC SUCKED. But @ least I got the bike today and not a week from now... Will post more details tomorrow and a better story. Time for bed, I got work on Turkey Day...
Seller asked if I wanted to keep the vanity plate.. I said "F00K YA" !

·
Banned
294 Posts
nice bike,I have one tooooo!!!!!!!!!!

But it's at Max's getting a new tranny, but what the hey, it's four months old and has 12,000 miles. Good luck and wait to you see how far over you can lean that beast with that Hossack front end,don't listen to the bike magazine writers, the front end has great feed back. That is when the front wheel is on the ground!!!! I hop over cross walks in town and it wheelies like a Ducati in first and second =a foot off the ground for a block! On a close track of course.

Attachments

·
Banned
294 Posts
PS the new K1200S is NOT MADE FOR RIDING in

TRAFFIC. Enough said. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pretty Bike. Suddenly, I'm thinking this bike might very well win out in the S vs GT battle that's been raging in my head. Have you been able to go for any LONG rides yet? I am concerned about rider comfort in that rather aggressive position over the long haul. The GT is a bit more upright. If I can be convinced that the K12S is a great touring bike then that is the way I'll go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man, that bike almost makes you look good! :rotf:

I like your plate!

My bike is the faster blue color and my plate is BLU4IA
Think blue - uphoria. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
TomsterMVA said:
Have you been able to go for any LONG rides yet?
My biggest day so far has been 530 miles, and that was no problem. I've also done 1,215 miles in four days. For a sport bike, it tours well.

Congratulations on the new bike, XXFirefighter.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ridefaster said:
But it's at Max's getting a new tranny, That is when the front wheel is on the ground!!!! I hop over cross walks in town and it wheelies like a Ducati in first and second =a foot off the ground for a block! .

No wonder its in for a new TRANNY...Ride it like a squid, it'll reward you like a squid!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts