BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats! I also have an 03 GT. It is about the 95th bike I've owned since I was a teen and think this is one of the best all around bikes for distance Ive ever had. Its only downfall is range. You have to get used to ignoring the low fuel light and keep riding it to 160 miles.
Good luck with it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
allikanbe1 said:
It's a GREAT bike. Enjoy it. it does everything you would want, but maybe go 200 mph
No problem, I have a track bike for that. But for the wife & kids this GT is still sweet. It already has:

• ZTechnik Titanium exhaust system
    Performance chip
    Aeroflow Windshield
    Stealth Backrest
And this is the first bike I've own with cruise, what is that all about.... yep gettin to that age!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
lazydog said:
Congrats! Its only downfall is range. You have to get used to ignoring the low fuel light and keep riding it to 160 miles.

3 weeks ago in the Scottish Highlands i managed to get 209 miles before refuelling. This was not planned and after miles and miles on fuel ight i was S******G myself looking for a fuel station but at least i now know at what mileage to start really panicking. :rotf:

Darryl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darryl said:
3 weeks ago in the Scottish Highlands i managed to get 209 miles before refuelling. This was not planned and after miles and miles on fuel ight i was S******G myself looking for a fuel station but at least i now know at what mileage to start really panicking. :rotf:

Darryl
Thanks, that is good to know about the fuel useage.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Definitely a great bike and one of my favorites. I put about 60k on mine in three years... Like the others said, the range is a little light, but otherwise it will make you very happy.

Keep an eye on the Clutch Slave and the final drive leaking and you will be good.

Finally said goodbye to mine this year and picked up a k13gt, miss the old girl though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts