BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, just signed up, purchased 99k12rs dakar ed. last week with 6653 on the clock, mint. Riding 300 miles no problem, hook up with my friends (06 electra glide, piped,12 street glide stock. Stop at the lights close enough to talk and the taxi hunts 10-1200 then down to 800 then stalls. 3x in a row, stop shut their bikes off, no problems, fire em up hunts and stalls unless you blip when she starts diving.
Anybody ever put a radio in? Speakers behind the blinkers.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
arlprop said:
First time poster, just signed up, purchased 99k12rs dakar ed. last week with 6653 on the clock, mint. Riding 300 miles no problem, hook up with my friends (06 electra glide, piped,12 street glide stock. Stop at the lights close enough to talk and the taxi hunts 10-1200 then down to 800 then stalls. 3x in a row, stop shut their bikes off, no problems, fire em up hunts and stalls unless you blip when she starts diving.
Anybody ever put a radio in? Speakers behind the blinkers.
Change the O2 sensor and check the rubber engine breather hose is not cracked and leaking. Most will be on an older bike.

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=34649

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
An maybe a TPS reset, forgot to do that when I restarted my bike this year and had the battery out. Sure ran like an old tractor until I remembered. :(

Ignition ON, twist & release throttle 3 times then ignition Off. Done. :)

Should be done everytime you disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
478 Posts
BMW's dont like being ridden in the company of Hardley Dividsons..Get a different riding buddy.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My guess a bike with only 6,000 + miles has Had some old gas in there throughout its years. I would start by running some Techron through that puppy.After the initial treatment drop the oil and run another treatment and drop the oil again. Was the bike ridden throughout its life time or was it parked after its initial use when it was new and then parked? Depending where you bought the bike dealer or privet I would pull the plastic and tank and install a new fuel filter and air filter. check all your hoses and YOUR QUICK DISCONNECTS! MUST BE METAL ONES! Plastic ones will ruin your day :boom: ...Also the motor is not broke in yet and you need to make sure you stay with the brake in program...Dont baby it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts