BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in while when I crack the throttle at around 4000-5000 rpm, it feel like the bike hesitates before accelerating. It's an '08 and is about to go in for it's first service. Is this something to mention or do "they all do that"?

I'm used to having auxiliary lighting on bikes. This time I want to go with something that blends in with the bike, until turned on. So motolights attached to the calipers are probably out. And I'm not too concerned about making myself more conspicuous, I just want to avoid critters at night. Any suggestions?

I must say, I really like this bike. I'm following the break-in pretty well by the book. Can't wait to let her fly.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
When was your '08 built? The early '08 bikes came with an old version air box that sometimes gives hesitation and idle problems. There's a Service Bulletin that we can check against your VIN to see if you're affected.

Does your '08 have the Xenon HID low beam? If not, there are retrofit kits available that will make a huge difference.

And don't be too timid with the throttle. These engines love a few high-rpm runs during break-in. Just vary the throttle position often and don't lug it. Other than that, just ride the wheels off it and enjoy yourself. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meese said:
When was your '08 built? The early '08 bikes came with an old version air box that sometimes gives hesitation and idle problems. There's a Service Bulletin that we can check against your VIN to see if you're affected.

Does your '08 have the Xenon HID low beam? If not, there are retrofit kits available that will make a huge difference.

And don't be too timid with the throttle. These engines love a few high-rpm runs during break-in. Just vary the throttle position often and don't lug it. Other than that, just ride the wheels off it and enjoy yourself. :D
Sorry to take so long to respond to your question on my bike.

The VIN number on the bike is WB103970X7ZP60859. I had just assumed the '08's would have the latest fixes.

Yes the bike has the Xenon HID

Thanks for any insights.

BCC

·
Registered
261 Posts
My bike does the same thing when hot and at all speeds, especially on shifting getting back to the throttle. (06). I have the 3rd gen air box.
These are available at BMW of Denver Co.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BMW of Denver (Matt Notebloom, 303 755 6400) offers a neat (albiet expensive) mount set for PIAA 1100's. I have used them in conjunction with lights from Walmart, which do the job, for me. They were created by a BMW Denver customer, and I think they have exclusive rights to sell them. $170. Can't figure out how to include pictures.
contact me off line, and I can send you a couple.

Rusty

BCC said:
Every once in while when I crack the throttle at around 4000-5000 rpm, it feel like the bike hesitates before accelerating. It's an '08 and is about to go in for it's first service. Is this something to mention or do "they all do that"?

I'm used to having auxiliary lighting on bikes. This time I want to go with something that blends in with the bike, until turned on. So motolights attached to the calipers are probably out. And I'm not too concerned about making myself more conspicuous, I just want to avoid critters at night. Any suggestions?

I must say, I really like this bike. I'm following the break-in pretty well by the book. Can't wait to let her fly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts