BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big hello to everyone. I've been reading, and reading and reading these forums for a couple days now, just signed up officially.

Headed to the dealership on Tuesday to (hopefully) pick up my '08 K1200GT (silver). Wish I could just go to sleep and wake up Tuesday, gonna be a long couple days (and I'm off work too! argh).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome to the board Nathaniel!

Lots of fun to be had here, just stay away from that Grif dude...:teeth (And that Hazard guy too!)

Enjoy your new toy! It really is an awesome machine!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the GT forum, best riders and mechanics around, along with some good BS. Just stay away from Grif.

Does Burt Rutan still hang out at Osh Kosh? I used to drool over his longeze, and was there the year they showed off the voyager before the round the world trip unrefueled!

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Congratulations. You're gonna love it. :clap:

'Good thing you're off work tomorrow. In your job, it's bad if you mind isn't on your work.

Post a few pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rutan is still floating around Oshkosh here and there. He was there a couple years ago with a rocket powered Long-Eze. Must have won a bar bet or two there! It was a demo for an idea about a rocket powered race category for the air races. Not sure where that's at now.

I will definitely get some pics posted and will always post links over to my website when pics go up there. Crossing my fingers that everything falls into place to get the bike Tuesday (waiting on a check, is the silver one still there, shop closed today and Monday!! ouch).

Hopefully will do a couple trips this summer with the bike and I'll have my camera along. I'm busy in the digital darkroom with photos from France (vacation, got home about 22 hours ago, whew!). I'll throw down a link on the boards here in case anyone want to check them out. Hopefully within the next few weeks.

Glad I found these boards, looks like one of the best resources I've found for the bike yet.

cheers! :teeth

·
Registered
438 Posts
iflybricks said:
Glad I found these boards, looks like one of the best resources I've found for the bike yet.

cheers! :teeth
Welcome fellow pilot and GT pilot-to-be.
Thanks for posting your pictures.
Growing up in Wichita I knew many of the aviation greats.
BTW I knew where Cessna got the Citation name, it started out as the FanJet 500.

·
Registered
291 Posts
dhanson said:
Welcome to the GT forum, best riders and mechanics around, along with some good BS. Just stay away from Grif.
Hey now, I like old Grif! He's helped me out on more than one occasion and us Texas boys....well, we gotta stick together. :)

Welcome Nathaniel!

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts