BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another site and thought you all might benefit as well.

I bought a Hidonline HID for my 07 GT. It was supposedly made for canbus bikes. It arrived with instructions that stated not to use the "relay" with canbus bikes. Well, It had no relay in the kit anyway so I installed the light with the stock low beam wiring. The first 2 light offs went well. There after I would start the bike and the headlight would shut off and the headlight icon on the computer would come on. I would have to shut her down and restart the bike another 1-4 times for the light to stay on and not be faulted. I emailed my contact (Janet) at hidonline.com and she was quick with a email stating that she got my message and did not know why I was having a problem. She fowarded my email to their tech support dept. That was yesterday and I have not heard from them yet. However I took the bike in today for a cruise control switch problem. I asked the dealer to select the hid option on the computer. He switched that option on and now it works perfectly ever time with no faults. It was raining and cold when I picked up the bike and I have to tell ya, I LOVE this bike! It is so much fun to ride even in bad weather :ricky

·
Registered
138 Posts
HID type

Which HID kit did you install?

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
And how is the light patern? Is it focused, scattered, have a hole in the middle (donut), or just poifect?

The reason I ask is on the LT some of us were running black tape over the top of the light (the older models with glass) as the light scattered upwards which made truck drivers homicidal in the middle of the night. Seems it blinded them in their rear views.... quite a bit it would seem as they played all kinds of fun games, like, kill the guy on the LT.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the 4100k from hidonline.com, email them attention Janet and tell her what bike you have and canbus or not. Grif, coming from the LT with hid myself I know what you mean. The light pattern seems to be just like the stock GT pattern but much brighter. You will have to make sure its aimed right. I have not ridden enough at night yet to describe the pattern better. I just got her going tonight.

·
Capn' Blowhard
333 Posts
LOL - at first glance I though the subject for this thread said "Hid my cannibis" :)

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
I used the 4100k from hidonline.com, email them attention Janet and tell her what bike you have and canbus or not. Grif, coming from the LT with hid myself I know what you mean. The light pattern seems to be just like the stock GT pattern but much brighter. You will have to make sure its aimed right. I have not ridden enough at night yet to describe the pattern better. I just got her going tonight.
Well, that's kewl to know. No tape on the plastic headlight as it will crack it. Let us know after a few night rides and get up and pass some 18 wheeler's and see if they try to kill you.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts