BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I habe a 2006 K1200S an love the bike! Only problem is that the lights are not very good. I'm not very technical. Any advice on a "plug and play" HID conversion kit which would give a descent amount of light?
Looking forward to you replies. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
STOP! ARRÊTE! ANHALTEN! FERMARE!

DON’T DO IT.

HID lights are an expensive waste of your time/money! The K1200S has very good headlights, if you feel they aren’t bright enough double check everything is good including alignment, bulbs, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone, I habe a 2006 K1200S an love the bike! Only problem is that the lights are not very good. I'm not very technical. Any advice on a "plug and play" HID conversion kit which would give a descent amount of light?
Looking forward to you replies. Thanks.
I also have a 2006. I upgraded it to HID many years ago with a single low beam hid. As a result of the early Canbuss system i get an ! warning about a bad bulb but no flickering or on/off issues without a voltage altering resister ie a “cancelling system”. theres enough room to fit everything inside the lamp housing for a clean waterproof install. I have some pics somewhere and will post if i find em. Made a big difference!
Ross

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a 2006. I upgraded it to HID many years ago with a single low beam hid. As a result of the early Canbuss system i get an ! warning about a bad bulb but no flickering or on/off issues without a voltage altering resister ie a “cancelling system”. theres enough room to fit everything inside the lamp housing for a clean waterproof install. I have some pics somewhere and will post if i find em. Made a big difference!
Ross
Thanks, would appreciate some pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts